~Chapter 26~

Quick! Go post on my page!!!

"Ï wæŕńəđ ýøų Ą§ģøřə..."

You didn't sound human anymore. On your hands, sitting at the base of knobby-knuckled claws hung two twin rings. Your contorted body stumbled over itself, gangly limbs moving in rotation as you moved to face the king. Your soul clung to your body, sitting amid your forehead in stark white comparison, seeming to glow in a red haze.

"Į wæŕńəđ ýøų..."

"(Y/N) stop! You're stronger than this!" Frisk cried.

"Frisk, we have to run..." Dash said, get voice strained and quiet, barely audible.

"No! We can save her!"

"We have to go!" Rey took her sword in a tight grip and squared against her friend's monstrous copy. Dash took Frisk's hand, luminescent wings sprouting from her back. She launched down the hall, Rey following after.

You turned your black eyes swivel on the room, following their forms and they fled. They didn't seem familiar, instead feeling like animals as they scurried away from you. A growl echoed from your throat, an uncontrollable rage driving your form. "Sans... Sans... Sans... Sans..."

Plasma pierced your side, and your whipped around with a shriek. Red light radiated from trident, illuminating a creature.

"Sans... Sans...."

"Die you demon! I will not have my kingdom destroyed by some human invader!" He growled, twisting the trident as he charged towards you.

"Sans... SaNs...SANS.... YOU KILLED SANS!" You lifted your gnarled claw over the King, throwing it down with the kind of force a meteor would find impressive. Your palm thrust down on him, a shriek shambling from you as teal lanced through you completely.

Rey turned with the distraction, following close on the tail of Dash with Frisk struggling in her arms. "Stop it Frisk!"

"Frisk, she can't handle another reset! Not while she's like this. We'll just be back at the beginning, and she won't trust anyone with two timelines worth of memories to weigh on her."

"So we can't leave her!" Frisk sobbed. His legs flailed wildly against Rey.

"We don't have a choice."

Dash looked over their shoulder hesitantly, reaching the end of the hall with incredible speed in her haste to escape. As Rey pulled Frisk forward behind her, Dash staggered, confused by the lack of pursuit. "Wait, she's not chasing us?" Dash said curiously.

"Keep moving Dash! Even if she isnt following us now, she'll come get us eventually." Rey snapped.

"But why isn't she chasing us?" Frisk asked, out of breath. "If it were like last time, she'd be right in our tail!"

"We don't have the time to speculate what's different this time. If we die to her again she won't-"

Frisk stopped her in her tracks as he ripped his arm away, staring at her defiantly. His stoic silence was only broken with the loud closing of the door to the throne room, the booming sound shaking the kingdom. Frisk's head whipped back and forth before panic consumed his expression. "Wait, where's Mettaton, or Undyne, and Papyrus?!"

Dash and Rey both stammered in shock, neither realizing the absence of their friends before rushing to protect Frisk. "They must have stayed back there!"

"This is bad. We need to stop this! But the monsters are all storming the castle! If they get to the throne room, (Y/N) could tear them apart!"

"Okay, we need to split. Dash, you and Frisk evacuate the monsters and get away from the castle. Frisk you need to stay as far away from danger as possible." Rey instructed.