~Chapter 14~

Apparently this #970 in Fanfiction...

Your eyes snapped open as the sound of a door slamming shut shook the house. Your groggy mind told you to panic or hide but your tired muscles denied them that right. You groaned and rolled over in your little sleeping spot downstairs.

Yes, there were people you didn't know about upstairs but you couldn't fight anyway in such an exhausted state. It couldn't be that many people anyway. Probably the girls, or Papy... or maybe in a rare case it's Grillby. Whatever it was, you didn't feel you were in danger.

The stairs groaned as you slipped back into a gentle, welcoming sleep.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I trudged downstairs into the basement, looking for clues as to our mystery guest. Someone had cleaned the rubble away and fixed most of the living room, and I doubted Undyne had sent a cleanup crew. I had a good idea who it was, I just had to find her.

As if cued, I found her. She was curled up in the basement, sound asleep. She seemed to be at peace, which made me smile. "Pet, you're too innocent for this world. I hope I can protect you from it." I sighed.

Descending the rest of the way, I lifted her and marched upstairs and set her in my bed, not bothering my brother by telling him. I retreated from the room and sat comfortably on the couch, watching television with a bottle of mustard at my disposal, a watchful eye on my door. There was no doubt she'd fixed what she could, but it couldn't have taken as long as she was missing.

What had we missed?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You woke up feeling awfully rested. No awful memories has visited you in the night, so you felt refreshed. Even your leg felt usable, though that was probably more thanks to the magical medicine you'd had. As you opened your eyes, pitch black met your vision.

You sat up slowly and stretched, a satisfying pop erupting from your tired joints. A quaint yawn escaped your mouth as you stood, your leg now almost completely healed. You couldn't see the room around you, but you knew it wasn't the basement you fell asleep in.

Maybe Papy found me and put me in his room?

You shrugged to yourself and continued on. It was a comfortable bed, that's all that mattered. You probed the ground with your feet and waved your arms in a diameter around you until you found the door. You smiled to yourself with your success and opened the door, falling out into a familiar hall.

You closed the door behind you and headed towards the stairs until you realized that you resurfaced a tad bit too far from the stairs. As you continued, you looked at the door at the very top of the stairs and found it plastered with the signs Papyrus had put. You looked back at the room you rose from and your brow furrowed.

"Whose room is th-"

"Mornin' pet." A gruff voice called.

You jumped back, barely catching yourself before you could fall down the stairs. You whipped towards the living room, where the voice had called from.

Sans sat on the couch lazily, a bottle of mustard in his hand as he changed the channel. He met your gaze a smile and oddly friendly grin. "How'd you sleep?" He asked casually.

Normally the question wouldn't be so odd, but after what you'd seen in the Underground, it just seemed wrong. "I slept well.. I guess..." You muttered. "Where's Papy?"

"He's out on patrol. I already told everyone you were here so you don't have to worry about that. They told me to make sure you 'take it easy' while you're here. You were pretty upset when you left."