~Chapter 21~

Your throat was raw as you were thrown into panicking chaos. Mettaton cackled, picking you up and throwing you against the far wall. You smacked against it harshly, your head cracking against the cold concrete and blood trickled down your face. Your coughed and watched as ruby hue painted your lip. Tears trailed your face and you tried shakily to summon your pistol again. However your quivering couldn't grip it and you held nothing.

"So much for the 'Shifter!' Ha! You're pathetic!" His heeled boot shoved into your side and you cried out, scream then dissolving into a whimper.

"Just stop." You pled.

"Oh sweetheart." Mettaton lulled. "Mercy isn't really an idea anymore. But if you'd like, I can kill you quickly."

Mettaton's grin seemed cruel and devious. "Then I'll reset..." You whispered. "And all over again I'll forget."

You clenched your hands into tight fist. "I don't even know if you're worth saving anymore!" You yelled, gritting your teeth.

Your eyes met the gazes of Mettaton and you screamed. "I've been trying so hard to make an excuse to save you. But I can't seem to find one. You monsters, you're cruel and unforgiving. You're not even people!" You snapped. "Especially a spoiled, self absorbed, masochist like you who thinks that if he throws enough bitch fits he'll get attention!"

Mettaton's boot crashed against your face, pinning you to the wall. You held your soul in your palm as you looked at him "If I die, I'll get to kick your ass all over again. What happens if you die you fucking transformer wannabe?!"

"Shut up!" Mettaton screamed. He threw you and you could feel your limbs go limp. You sped headfirst towards a wall. You'd lost too much blood and the impact would be too much but you didn't care. "I'll try again. Next time..." You muttered. "Sans, please be patient, won't you?"
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You felt weightless. Around you only black ensued. Pain throbbed through you, your legs still shattered. Voices echoed around you but you couldn't decipher the noise. "Where do I restart?" You croaked, voice seeming broken. "Where do I go?"

"I'm right here."

The voice was faint but you heard it. You tried to move but your limbs were like lead. "Who?" You said desperately.

"I'm right here."

You couldn't see or move. It tortured you, the same distant voice cooing the same message, but you could do nothing.

"I'm sorry."
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I was just in time, my hand darting out to her just before she made contact. My back hit the wall as I slipped behind her, wrapping my arms around her torso protectively. My broadsword clattered to the ground, but (Y/N) took no more damage. "Guys! I got her!" I shouted. "Just in time."

The flamboyant television set had turned into a flamboyant robot man in the time (Y/N) had been captured. I flipped my head and blew the hair from my face as I lowered (Y/N) to the ground. Mettaton, looking enraged, roared in anger. "You humans are insufferable!" He cried in a booming voice.

"Aw, thanks!" I chirped sarcastically.

Our favorite orange-haired angel swung into the room, eyes darting between me and (Y/N). "Rey! Is (Y/N) alright? Is she breathing?!" Dash asked.

"She's alive, but she's knocked out." I informed her. "Where's-"

"I'm right here." A gruff tone murmured.

A chill rippled down my spine, eyes slowly lifting as Sans appeared with a sharp snap. His body dropped into existence behind Mettaton, a sharp kick sending the pumped diva to the ground. I stood, propping (Y/N) up against the wall. My hand closed around hilt of my sword and I swung it over my shoulder, turning as Mettaton scrambled to his feet.

"Ha! You think three weak excuses like you can actually-"

"You made a mistake." Dash said bluntly. "Now you're gonna pay the consequences."
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The world seemed fuzzy and distant. Your headed pounded aggressively, your teeth gritting as you pressed a palm against your head. Pain rippled through you, your crippled legs burning and your open gashes twisting further open. As you coughed, ruby stained your sleeve and you blinked slowly.

Where am I? 

You looked up, but you could only see vague shapes. When you tried to speak, the only noise was a garbled rasp.

Someone please look at me.

You squinted and watched. There were four or five shape, not sure how many stood but one on the ground. They were curled into a small ball, red and silver decorated with dripping black. You couldn't see their face.

"H.... lo..." You tried, unable to form a word.

They moved, turning more towards you. You reached out towards them, unable to inch forward with your legs. Their own arms stretched towards you as well, amazing length closing the distance efficiently. They  seemed shaken and hurt, just like you. You wanted to help them, but all you could do was reach. Your soul tumbled from your chest, falling to the ground beneath you.

You didn't react as their hand met yours, but your soul did. There was a flash of (F/C) light and suddenly you couldn't see. Pitch black surrounded you, the only certain things being the physical contact of the other and the faint glow of walls around you. Your soul disappeared, but around you formed steel walls the same color.

Oh right, Shifter.

You coughed, breaking your grip to hold your stomach as you coughed blood again.

"Darling~ why did you help me? You're hurt..." A voice cooed in the dark.

Your mind swam with thoughts but you happened to hear their words. You couldn't find them with your eyes, but to the darkness you replied. "You were hurt. I needed to help you..." A cough broke your words and you suck in a deep breath before hacking blood again.

A metal arm coiled around you, but you didn't resist. Your body dragged across the floor painfully, everything growing darker and heavier. You could feel it as wet dripped on your face, but were too weak to comment.

"Eat this." They said, something dabbing gently at your lip.

You complied without much hesitation. Dangerous, yes, but as you were any strength at all was good. Your eyelids felt heavy as you carefully chewed the food and soon, you fell into darkness once again. 
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I'm soooooo sorry this update is so short!!! I've been dealing with a lot of writers block lately and I haven't been publishing and I feel really bad about that. You readers who still have the resolve to deal with my inconsistent shit are the real heroes. Please forgive me!!!