cause i'm too young to be in love

Dean and Castiel have been dating for three months now. Today, they're going on a double date to a carnival. Dean is bringing his best friend, Charlie, and Cas is bringing Anna. Neither Anna nor Castiel have met Charlie, but they're both excited to.

The carnival only comes once a year, and Cas has been begging to go for a month. And let's face it, Dean can't say no to his puppy eyes.

"Cas!" Anna calls from her bedroom. "It's an emergency!"

"What's wrong?" Castiel asks, rushing in.

"Should I go with the red or pink lipstick?"

"Hm," Castiel thinks, closely examining the swatches on her hand. "Red. For sure."

"Thanks, Cassie. Do you think she'll like me?"

"Who wouldn't?"

"You."

"I'm gay."

"I know. Seriously, though, I'm really nervous. What if she's hot?"

"Then you'll be going on a date with a hot girl. That's good, right?"

"No! I mean, yes, but I freeze up when people are hot!"

"Man, how do pansexuals cope?"

"We don't!"

"It's going to be okay, I promise. Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah, sure."

When they arrive, Cas parks next to the 1967 Chevy Impala. He hops out and greets his boyfriend with a kiss.

Anna freezes up when she see's Charlie, just like she said she would. Charlie doesn't seem to notice, and pulls her into a hug. 'WOW' she mouths, making sure Anna doesn't notice. Dean winks at Charlie.

"So, where do you wanna go first?" Dean asks, taking Cas' hand.

Castiel looks around at all the rides, carefully planning out which ones he wants to go on first. "The scrambler," he says.

Dean smiles and leads Cas on the ride. When they get off, they're both too disoriented to walk straight - not that Cas can do anything straight in the first place - and end up falling to the ground.

~~~

"Was that a pun?" Alex says, laughing.

"Sh, you're ruining the story," Cas says with a wink.

~~~

Dean lands on top of Castiel with a thud. He props himself up on his elbows and bends down to give Castiel a quick kiss.

It's the moment that follows, when Dean is smiling down at him, that Castiel realizes just how deeply in love he is. The sunset turns the sky behind him into a pinkish orange, making his green eyes stand out. Castiel grabs the collar of his shirt and pulls him down for another kiss, this one deeper and sweeter. "Uh, guys?" Charlie interrupts awkwardly. "We're going to get cotton candy. You coming?"

Dean helps Castiel back up to his feet. "Yeah, we'll come."

After paying for their cotton candy, Castiel stares wide eyed at the sky. "Dean," he says. "Lets go on the Ferris wheel."

Dean sighs. "Or we could do something else..."

"No," Castiel shakes his head. "It's sunset, it'll be perfect." He shows Dean his puppy eyes.

"Damn it, Cas..."

"What's wrong with the Ferris Wheel? It's a classic."

"It's a too high," Dean mumbles softly.