Chapter 6

He slowly touched my lips with his. Our lips moved in sync. It was perfect. As soon as we pulled away I instantly felt guilty. I didn't want him to think I only did it to forget Zayn. That is definitely not the case. At the moment I wanted him to kiss me. To close the space left between our bodies. And now I'm not sure if I regretted it. I guess I've just been feeling lonely these past couple of weeks. But with Liam is different. Even after one day. Crazy I know. I sat up slowly releasing his hand. I put my face in my hands I began to cry. Liam must of noticed because he soothingly rubbed my back. I turned to face him.

"I'm so s-s-sorry. I d-d-don't want you t-t-to feel like I'm using you. At the time I did want the kiss. But i-i-it's not right because I love Zayn and you love your e-e-ex. What is wrong with me? It was so idiotic of me... I'm so embarrassed... an-" he cut me off.

"Jade, I wanted the kiss as much as you did. Its ok love, don't bring yourself down. I understand you completely. And I also know times like these you probably feel alone and lonely. So do I. Look lets just act like it never happened. Ok?" he gave me a warm smile. I just nodded and gave him a weak smile in return.

"We should probably head back to the hotel" I said.

"Yeah."

He climbed down and so did I. We were walking back when we seen the others all playing in the water. I smiled watching them all laughing and genuinely happy. Sometimes I forget what it feels like to be happy. I've always been depressed and always hiding my true emotions. Not just because of Zayn because before I knew him I was like this. Him loving her only made it worse. I noticed a hand waving in front of my face. I must've been deep in thought.

"Huh?" I said looking at Liam.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah yeah sorry I got lost in thought"

"Ok. You gonna join them?"

"I think you should go ahead and have fun. I'm just gonna sit on the sand for a while." I smiled brightly at him.

"Uh ok. Let me know if you need me"

With that being said he ran to Zayn pushing him into the water. I giggled at the two splashing each other. I looked over to Harry and noticed he was on Louis back. That only made me laugh harder. And I seen Niall staring at Harry and Lou with his eyes narrowed ready to attack. I noticed Alice walking towards me.

"Hey" she said sitting down.

"Oh hey" I smiled.

"Everything ok?"

"Uh yeah. Perfect" I tried to sound as convincing as possible.

"I am still your best friend. I can see right through you."

I sighed looking down.

"Listen, I feel like we don't talk like before. Ever since this little situation we kinda drifted apart a lil."

"Sorry things are just not so good for me."

"I know. And If I could make him love you I would and you know that."

"Yeah I know"

"Please don't distance yourself from us. From me."

"I won't but understand that things are hard. I don't mean to be moody and have an attitude or even be distant. I'm sorry. I'm just so miserable."

"It's ok I'm just glad I didn't lose you" she gladly smiled at me.

I smiled back and she pulled me into a hug.

"So you and Liam huh?" He said wiggling her eyebrows.

"We are only friends. He's really nice"

"Hmm I spotted you two on that rock. You know it's not as far away as you think" she said she's wiggling her eyebrows and giggling.