{Craig} Sometimes Love Is A Little Weird {Jones} (Book 1)

I was walking the fairgrounds with a bunch of girls I normally wouldn’t be anywhere near. Their giggling and whispering was driving me insane already but who better to track down the elusive band members than a group of obsessive fan girls? Just as long as I wasn’t labeled with the same tag I’d gladly let them help me find the guys. Then I stopped stock still in the middle of the fairway. There they were straight ahead of us. The nine most amazing men ever. One of the other girls must have noticed me staring because she turned to see what I was staring at and let out a scream. I raised my arms up to cover my ears and then my whole head as the other girls started screaming and running towards the group of men. I stood there as they stampeded past me all screaming out the name of the man they were trying to attract the attention of. I waited till it seemed like all the voices were past me and I followed the crowd up to the guys sighing with disappointment as I notice that there were now only eight instead of nine. The one that I had been hoping to see was already gone. I started to turn away when one of the girls saw me and screamed,

“How can you be disappointed they are like right there! Who do you want I’ll get his attention if you can’t scream loud enough!”

“I was actually hoping to see Craig.” I say in a normal voice. Another girl whipped around. “Why would you want to see that freak? I mean come on! Joey’s like right there!”

“Craig is not a freak!” I yell at her not even noticing that most of the girls had quieted now and the center of attention had been shifted from the guys to the three of us girls.

“Well,” said the first girl who’d spoke to me, “he is a bit odder than the rest and that’s kind of saying something with Sid.”

“So you’re not weird? I mean look at you! You’re wearing expensive high heels on a dirt fairway at a fairground for crying out loud!”

She grinned at me kind of sheepishly. “Yeah I guess you have a point there.”

The other girl rolled her eyes. “Like, Oh my god, a crime against fashion the wrong footwear! It’s not like she buried someone in her backyard in them!”

“No,” I said entirely ticked off at this chick now, “Everyone knows you don’t where Prada when you’re digging a grave in your backyard you make sure you’re wearing Gucci.”

I heard a few muffled female giggles and some deep hearty male laughter which caused me to look around and realize that not only were all of the obsessed fan girls watching this sweet little exchange but so were the men. By this time security, late as always, had finally shown up to disperse the crowd as one of the guards walked up to me I heard Corey say, “No, not that one she’s coming with us.”

The guard sighed and let me go as Sid walked over to me.

“Here,” he said placing a lanyard around my neck. I picked up the piece of paper he had clipped in the little hook and read what was on the sign: Corey’s new pet, Sid’s new biatch if lost and then found please call 666 to return.

I smiled at Sid. “Thanks. I think.” Joey and Paul both laughed.

“It’s a good thing.” Chris assured me. “So, you’re a Craig fan huh?”

“Yeah I guess. I mean I like all of you. Your music is like a soundtrack to my life but Craig seems like he doesn’t get as much appreciation as like…” I trailed off not wanting to offend anyone.

“Like me or Corey.” Joey finished off for me not seeming offended in the least.

“Hey…I’m under appreciated too! So you gonna be my fan too?” Sid asked with a little pout. I laughed when Mick hit him in the back of the head and said, “Stop flirting with the poor girl. Just cause you find her totally, mind blowingly hot does not mean you need to scare the poor girl so she quits listening to us for fear that we will stalk her.”

I giggled and touched Sid’s arm while he frowned at Mick.

“I’m a fan of all of you guys Sid.”

“Aww isn’t that cute.” James cooed. “She’s trying to let him down easy so his feelings aren’t hurt to bad.” He gave Sid a cocky sarcastic grin as Sid shot him the bird. “Sorry Sid I don’t go that way so I’ll have to pass on your offer.” I saw Corey get off of his phone and he caught up with the rest of us who had been slowly walking away.

“Ok I called Craig to let him know we were bringing uh…” He looked at me blankly.

“Gabrielle,” I say shyly.

“Right, anyway I told Craig we were bringing Gabrielle back to meet him.”

“You guys don’t really have to.” I say quietly.

“Of course we don’t have to.” Paul said. “We want to.”

“Yeah we need something to decorate the bus anyway.” James said.

This time it’s James not Sid who gets whacked in the head from behind by Mick.

“She’s not an ornament James she’s a person.”

“She’s a she. Therefore she is decoration until needed.” James said earning another smack from Mick.

“Don’t mind him,” Joey said, “the drinking for the night’s already started so this could get a bit interesting for you.” He gave me an apologetic look.

“It’s ok,” I assured him, “I’ve actually always wondered what you guys would be like drunk.”

“Fun as HADES!” Paul yells as he runs past me chasing Sid who had sprinted past me and Joey a moment ago.

I giggle. “Did he really just say Hades?”

“Yeah Corey probably told them to watch their language around you.”

I giggle again. “He so misjudged me.”

Joey raised an eyebrow. “I usually try to watch my language cause I was raised to be a ‘lady’ but I can curse like a sailor if I so choose.”

“Ah.” Joey replied as the slipknot bus came into view. “Gabrielle…”

“Yes?”

“I don’t want to discourage you but if I were you I wouldn’t get my hopes up of Craig answering any questions you might have for him.”

“Oh, I don’t really have any questions for him. I was just going to say hi and let him know that he is appreciated among the fans even if we don’t always show it. I wasn’t really expecting to get a reply or anything.”

“Ok I just didn’t want you to get your hopes up and get crushed.”

“Thank you for that.” I say as I smiled at him.

Corey knocked on the door of the bus and the driver opened the door for him. The guys filed in Corey leading the way and me next to last with Joey bringing up the end. The guys had all pretty much settled around the couches in the front lounge area except for Craig who was leaning against a wall that looked like it must start the bunk area. I smiled kind of shyly and a little nervously at him suddenly feeling butterflies in my stomach. He had been staring at me or at least in my direction since I had entered the bus.