{Craig} Sometimes Love Is A Little Weird {Jones} (Book 1) [13]

Gabby was wearing a medium wash blue jean skirt. Not a mini either. It came halfway down her thighs, but man did she have amazing legs! A thought or, well, more like a mental image of what I was craving right then flashed in my mind. I quickly pushed the thoughts away hoping that I hadn’t caused myself any more embarrassing or awkward moments. I focused my attention on her top which I quickly realized was another mistake. It was a black and purple strapless thing in the form of a corset and it made her chest even more perky. I bit back a groan and focused on her shoes except she was wearing cute little black flip flops with a purple pedicure that made her dainty little feet look all the more appealing. I inwardly groaned. If I could find her feet attractive this was going to be a long night.

“Wow,” Joey choked out.

“Sexy,” Jim murmured.

“Stunning,” I said getting up quickly hoping no one had noticed my problem. “I’m gonna get my wallet and then I’ll be ready,” I said as I placed a kiss on her cheek and hurried away. I tried to hide my problem as best as I could then slowly made my way back to the front lounge where I saw her in Paul’s embrace and saw him whisper something in her ear. She giggled a bit and lightly hit his arm. Then she turned her head to watch him walk away and I could see a slight blush. I walked back out and slipped an arm around her waist trying to push down the jealousy that was clawing through me. “We ready to go?” I asked and then gave a side long glance at Paul. He was grinning at me. A chorus of yeahs and sures answered my question as Annie bounded over to us.

“I’m ready and don’t forget you’re taking her to dinner just the two of you after the carnival.”

I smiled at her and wrapped my other arm around her shoulders. “I wouldn’t forget that for the world Annie, are you sure you don’t want to go with us?”

“No, we can have lunch at the carnival and then you guys can do the yucky romantic stuff when I’m gone.”

“Yucky, romantic stuff? I thought you liked it when Craig kissed Gabby?” Lauren said.

“I like that he likes her that way. She needs to date. Aren’t you and Derek always saying that she’s to young to be living like a nun?” Annie gave Lauren and innocent look before she skipped out the door of the bus. Gabby and I followed her down the steps.

“I think I’m going to have to start checking for little eavesdroppers more often,” Lauren said giving Annie a critical once over. “Our little angel is growing up with some devious habits.”

“Ah so did we,” Corey said, “and look at us we turned out fine.”

Lauren snorted at him and took hold of Griff’s hand. “That is entirely debatable Mr. Taylor.”

“Oh really? We’ll see about that later,” Corey said and Griff made a disgusted sound.

“Can we please cut the mushy crap till after the carnival?” Griff whined.

“Someone please remind him of that in eight years.” A familiar female voice said. We all stopped and turned around to see a very bruised and bandaged Scarlett leaning heavily on crutches.

“MOM!” Griff yelled and then dropped Lauren’s hand to run to Scarlett. He tackled her and she stumbled backwards a bit from the force of the impact.

“Oh Griff be careful! You don’t want to accidentally hurt her again!” Lauren said and then clapped a hand over her mouth.

“I’m sorry,” Lauren said looking back and forth between Corey and Scarlett. Griff was looking at Scarlett worried now.

“Did I hurt you Mom?”

“Just a little bit sweetie but it’s going to hurt a bit for a while.” Scarlett said hugging him tightly.