{Craig} Sometimes Love Is A Little Weird {Jones} (Book 1) [22]

Craig didn't make it back to the park by dinner time so I drove his car back to my house and parked it in the garage. No need to get the neighborhood gossips going. Annie was tired but excited about staying with Craig.

"Can I use my princess suitcase again?"

"Sure," I said amusedly watching her jump around the walk all the way up to the porch. I unlocked the door and followed her in. "Why don't you go get washed up while I make us something for dinner?"

"Ok!" I laughed as I watched her head down the hall to her room. I put our suitcases in the hall and walked to the kitchen. I didn't expect to have much in the fridge as I had cleaned out anything perishible before we left on tour with the guys, but to my surprise it was stocked with a few staples of bread, milk, and a few fresh vegetables. I heard a knock at the door and went to answer it.

"Hey Samantha, thanks for taking care of things around here," I said opening the door wider for my guest to come in.

"No problem. I just wanted to make sure I got the right groceries. I didn't know for sure what you would want but I figured you would need a few things."

"Yeah, actually remind me to return the favor some time. Can you stay for dinner?"

"Oh I don't want to impose. I was just bringing your mail over."

"It's no problem. By the way I'll be going away again shortly."

"Annie going to spend all summer away this year?"

"Uh not exactly."

She raised an eyebrow at me.

"Bobby is basically blackmailing me into taking this position with a band he is managing but if I do I should be in the clear with the bank and then he wouldn't have any leverage over me in the future."

"Still...it's Bobby....Can you really trust him to keep his end of the bargin? What if he tries something while you are out on the road?"

"I'll deal with it as it comes. I'm not going to even think about borrowing any more trouble than necessary."

"So Annie will be staying with Lauren?" She asked as she followed me into the kitchen.

"Um no..." I started only to be intteruped by Annie running into the kitchen.

"Nope, I'm staying with Craig."

"Craig?" Samantha asked me.

"Craig Jones. He and Gabby are dating," Annie said as she rummaged in the fridge and came out with an apple before running back out of the room again.

"Is she talking about Craig Jones from Slipknot?"

"Uh yeah..."

"The same guy you were just a tech for?" Samantha teased.

"Yeah," I said with a sheepish smile.

"Does Bobby know this?" Samantha asked suddenly serious.

"Who is Bobby and why would he care?" Craig asked from the doorway of the kitchen. Annie was clinging to his side with wide eyes.

"He's the guy that offered me the job today," I said nervously.

"He's not coming here is he?" Annie asked in a small voice.

"No honey, he's not coming here ever again."

"So he's been here before?" Craig asked still confused and I could hear the suspicion in his voice. 

"Yeah, I used to date him," I admitted and watched Craig tense up.

"And when they broke up the cops had to come with flashing lights and then there was lots of yelling and screaming and they took him away in handcuffs after he tried to hit the one police and then I had to stay with Mrs. Murphy for a while. I don't want to stay with Mrs. Murphy again Gabby."