{Craig} Sometimes Love Is A Little Weird {Jones} (Book 1) [10]

I heard the bus door open and people walk into the bus talking. I look down at Gabby in her lacey lingerie. Thoughts that I shouldn’t be thinking were racing through my mind at lightning fast speed. I heard Sid laugh and my first thought was to cover Gabby. I took a step towards her but she pushed me back lightly and scrambled into a cute little short set like I’d seen her in other nights. Her scrambling caused Spooky to jump from the bunk and disappear farther down the bus. Once she was decently covered she slipped out of the bunk to stand in front of me. She avoided my gaze looking down and around anywhere but at me. I could see a slight pink staining her cheeks. Jim came back the hall and raised an eyebrow at us. He looked me up and down and then looked at Gabby which only caused her cheeks to stain a brighter pink.

“So…” he started just before we heard a loud commotion that sounded like everything was falling off of a counter followed by hissing and yowling. Gabby’s eyes closed.

“Oh no not again.” She said as she sighed. “Spooky! Leave Sid alone he doesn’t like you yet!” Just then Sid, the little furry ferret, came running down the hall and jumped into Lauren’s bunk. Spooky came running after him but paused to sniff around our feet. More feet came down the hall way. Lauren was the first to appear with a worried look on her face. “He’s fine he’s in your bunk.” Gabby said to Lauren.

“Sid!” Lauren called. He stuck his head out of her bunk then jumped from the bunk to her shirt and climbed up to her shoulder. He looked down at Spooky and hissed before climbing around behind Lauren’s neck and jumping onto Corey who was standing next to Lauren. He climbed around Corey’s shoulders and jumped into Corey’s bunk. “Sid! Get back here! You don’t go crawling into other’s bunks unless you’ve been invited!” Lauren told him. His little head appeared out around the curtain of Corey’s bunk with one of Lauren’s black lace garters in his mouth.

“Oh looks like he’s been taking your stuff again Lauren!” Annie called from where her head was peeking out of the bunk above me. I heard Jim, Paul and Shawn cough while Sid and Chris just grinned and Mick shook his head. Corey and Lauren were both bright red.

“That’s right Hun, but now it’s time for you to go back to sleep.” Gabby said and turned around to tuck her back into her bunk.

“Awww, ok.” She said. Gabby kissed her forehead and pulled her curtain again. Because she was so short she had to stand up on her toes and stretch which did this amazing thing to her shorts and caused her top to ride up a bit showing a stretch of creamy skin around her waist. I sucked in a deep breath and felt two blows, one to my head and the other to my back. I turned to see Shawn shaking his head at me and Paul frowning. Jim chuckled and grinned at me.

“She’s not a piece of meat nor is she a groupie.” Paul said quietly.

“I know.” Was all I could say. I turned back to her to find her looking curiously at me and Paul.

“Something wrong?” she asked.

“No, nothing’s wrong.” I said looking her up and down again. I couldn’t help it I couldn’t get the image of her in her lacey lingerie out of my head. I heard Paul clear his throat and my eyes snapped back to her face which was once again a bright pink as though she could read my thoughts. I certainly hoped I hadn’t said anything of what I was thinking out loud. Sid jumped down from Corey’s bunk with Lauren’s garter still in his mouth and landed on Corey’s shoulder which provided a distraction and a moment of light hearted laughter. Gabby and Lauren shushed us and pushed us back towards the lounge so the little ones would go back to sleep. Gabby sat on the couch and I sat next to her. I could feel her blush and noticed she wouldn’t look at me. I heard hissing so I turned to see Sid in Corey’s hand and Corey attempting to remove the garter from his mouth. Gabby and Lauren both giggled and watch the struggle for a few minutes before Corey gave up. He set Sid down on the couch and Sid took off towards the back of the bus and his cage. “Amazing.” Corey said shaking his head. Spooky wondered out and jumped on Gabby’s lap purring loudly. She pet him almost absent mindedly. We talked for a while winding down after the show. Gabby started yawning about two hours later and I noticed she was having a hard time keeping her eyes open. A few minutes later I felt her head on my shoulder and heard her even breathing. “Aww.” Paul said looking at us. I shushed him and then carefully picked her up bridal style so I wouldn’t drop her or Spooky who meowed in protest and jumped off anyway. I carried her to her bunk and gently laid her inside pulling the blanket up over her. I chanced a kiss to her forehead and heard a soft plop and meow as Spooky jumped up into her bunk. I smiled and petted the little devil. He wanted to rough house a bit so I played with him for a minute before he settled down with Gabby. I pulled the curtain shut and turned to find Paul watching me with an amused look on his face.

“You really like her don’t you?”

“Yeah.” I said feeling a bit of panic welling up inside me. I hadn’t felt like this in a long time.

“You’ll be fine. If it’s supposed to happen it will happen.” Paul said.

“Thanks.”

“So…you want to tell me what the awkwardness was about earlier?”

“Um well when I came back I cleaned up and I didn’t see anyone so I followed Gabby’s voice when I heard her talking to Spooky and she was in her bunk with the curtain closed so I opened the curtain…”

“And?” Paul asked when I paused.

“She was in nothing but some lacey lingerie.” I said taking a few deep breaths. Paul chuckled a bit.

“It’s not funny!” I said a bit annoyed. “I’m behaving like a lust filled teenager and all you can do to help me is laugh?”

“Dude, it’s kind of your fault you’re behaving that way. As for help. The only thing I can tell you is to keep in mind you’re a gentleman and if you do anything to hurt her or make her uncomfortable…”

“I have eight other guys to answer to.” I said.

“Right.” Paul said. I sighed. “Look if you really like her tell her so.” He said looking at me. I shifted uncomfortably. It had been a long time since I used such words. I didn’t know if I could express myself that way anymore verbally. “Don’t force it dude. It’ll happen when it’s the right time.” Paul said before squeezing my shoulder and walking back out to the lounge. I didn’t feel like socializing much right now so I went and laid down in my bunk. I was only there for a few minutes when the curtain moved a bit and then I heard some scratching and felt something furry brush against my arm. I reached out and petted him and got a loud purring response of approval. I smiled and relaxed a bit. I fell asleep to his purring and into a world of Gabby. Her beautiful eyes shining with mischief. Her sweet smile. The way her laugh sounded like the sound of beautiful melodic bells tinkling. I woke to the feel of little tiny razors clawing their way across my stomach. I heard Gabby calling quietly but urgently for Spooky in the hallway so I picked him up at the edge of my bunk and opened the curtain. “Spooky!” she said and then looked at me. She blushed a bit and her eyes flicked away once she was holding Spooky.

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to wake you.”

“You didn’t technically. Spooky did when he crawled over me.”

“Oh ok.”

“Gabby about last night. I’m sorry about the way I acted. It wasn’t…” I said struggling to find the right words.

“It’s ok Craig. It was an accident and it was just a shock to us all the way around.” Her eyes were still averted from me.

“If it’s really ok then look at me please.” I said wanting to believe her.

“Craig….”