{Craig} Sometimes Love Is A Little Weird {Jones} (Book 1) [2]

He looked in my direction quietly.

“Craig this is Gabrielle,” Joey said pushing me forward.

“Hi,” I said shyly. He didn’t move a muscle. “I just wanted to let you know that us fans haven’t forgotten about you as an individual and that we do appreciate you even if we sometimes forget to show it.”

“Aww,” James said.

“She’s a sweet one,” commented Shawn. I blushed a little and looked at Joey who was grinning as he took of his mask.

“You should have heard her tell off one of those Barbie fans.” I blushed darker while Corey and Mick both chuckled as Sid, Paul, and Joey re-enacted the scene from earlier. Craig pushed away from the wall and walked towards me. Everyone got quiet all eyes on us. He picked up the little note that was attached to the lanyard I had forgotten was still around my neck. He took the note from the lanyard after a pause in which I guessed he was reading it and handed it to Sid. He took another little slip of paper and wrote something on it before clipping it on the lanyard. Joey picked up the note and read it silently to himself looking very amused. He then flashed a grin at Sid and read it out loud. Craig’s Maggot Warning: If seen with anyone resembling Sid it is an imposter trying to kidnap her. Kill the imposter.

All of the guys except Sid an Craig of course were howling with laughter. Sid looked crushed. “Aww it’s ok Sid I’ll still be seen with you.”

“Dude,” he said looking at Craig, “kill me? You know how the fans get some of them might try.”

Craig shifted in a way that I was guessing showed exasperation because he took another slip of paper and wrote: Craig’s Maggot Property of 133 ONLY, before he exchanged it for the one currently clipped to the lanyard. I giggled and then stopped when I heard a sound outside the bus. Staying well out of view Sid cracked a window just enough to let us hear everything without it being muffled. We all gathered around the window to eavesdrop and I had to stifle a giggle. Joey raised an eyebrow. “Seems like things are a bit reversed.” I whispered. He smiled. We listened to the reporters outside.

“In breaking news here at our local music festival it seems that history is being made. According to our anonymous sources, in a rare event, a single female fan was taken aboard the slipknot bus in what appears to be a one on one, face to face meeting with none other than the mysterious Craig Jones.”

“I feel like this should be being aired on animal planet in a rare footage of rare creatures episode.” I said trying to suppress my laughter. I heard snickers from some of the guys.

“In anticipation of more rare footage and because of our promise to bring you the best local news in music we are attempting to secretly set up here outside the bus and wait out this meeting. With any luck we will be able to not only capture some rare footage of Craig and the fan but maybe even get an interview with the fan and perhaps Craig.”

“In your dreams.” I muttered under my breath and then a realization hit me. I looked at my watch. “Joey I have to get out of here.” A few of the guys looked at me.

“You have to?” Joey asked.

“I’m supposed to pick my little sister up from her school in twenty minutes. The school is facing a lawsuit from one of the parents for letting a student go home with her father who was actually kidnapping her. So they won’t let anyone but the parent or guardian pick up a child from school unless you make alternative arrangements in person.”

“Then how do you pick her up?” Paul asked.

“I’m her guardian. Our parents were lost when an angry customer set off a bomb in their office building.”