{Craig} Sometimes Love Is A Little Weird {Jones} (Book 1) [27]

Steph walked into the kitchen following the two little kids and I follwed behind.

"Wow, um what happened in here?"

"Uh, ice cream sundaes and pancakes?" I said.

"You guys had pancakes and ice cream sundaes for breakfast?"

"No we had pancakes for breakfast and ice cream sundaes last night," I said sheepishly.

"So um the streaks in the table are pancake mix?"

"Yeah," I shifted uncomfortably.

A dog came in whining and running through the doorway, followed by Sid the ferret, and then Spooky.

Spooky and Sid chased the dog around the table a few times before running back out the kids giggling and following them.

"So you seriously thought you could handle this?" she smiled at me.

"Yeah I did." I grinned sheepishly.

"Ok well why don't we clean this really good...Sid what happened to your hands?"

"Uh the ferret got covered in pancake batter too."

She laughed. "Oh wow you guys have had fun haven't you? Well you make lunch I'm guessing pizza and I'll clean up the kitchen properly alright?"

"Alright," I said before kissing her. I smiled into the kiss as I felt her respond before I licked her lip asking for entrance. She parted her lips and I didn't hesitate to deepen the kiss thrusting my tongue quickly into her mouth exploring.

"EEEWWWWW!"

We broke apart grinning as the two voices still intertwined. We turned in their direction to see two little bodys with hands covering their eyes.

"I think I'm blind!" Griff yelled.

"Me too!" Annie agreed.

We laughed then pulled apart completely. I watched Steph go over to the kids and gently remove their hands from their eyes.

"Ok we are going to clean the kitchen and make lunch do you guys want to play outside or watch a movie?"

"Outside!" They both yelled.

"Ok out back then so we can see you guys from the window ok?"

"Alright!" Annie said while Griff nodded.

I watched them scamper outside.

"You are going to make a great mother some day," I said before kissing her again.

"Aww is that an offer?" She whispered back againt my lips.

I laughed. "Maybe?"

She smiled at me and then we set to work on the kitchen. I had just pulled the pizza out of the oven when the phone rang. I sighed and set it on the stove to answer the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hi Sid," I heard Scarlett's voice a little nervous on the other end of the line.

"What's up Scarlett?" I asked  trying not to get distracted watching Steph cut the pizza and divide it up.

"Uh, well, I was wondering if maybe you would be willing to keep Griff a little longer?"

"Sure but why?"

"Um, I just have something I need to do and it would really help me if you'd be able to keep him until Tuesday?"

"Tuesday?" I said trying to focus on her and not the sway of Steph's hips as she moved between the counter and the table.