Prologue

♔Eliana's POV♔

I remember when I was in second grade our teacher asked us to each pick a word to define ourselves. Me being only seven years old at the time picked the word pretty. Now that I think about it, I have finally found the word that I would use to describe myself.

Second Choice.

Why?

Well mainly because that is who I am.

Everybody's second choice.

The second favorite.

I'm the kind of person who easily gets attached to people. For a while we become so close and I start feeling like the luckiest person on earth until my happy dream is over and I wake up.

Then my mission becomes trying to do everything to please them.

To get them to notice me but it's like I'm invisible.

And when do I start becoming invisible?

When they find someone else and leave me behind.

My own best friend seems to get closer and closer to another girl by the day, resulting in her getting further and further from me. I act like it doesn't bother me though. And everybody believes me so easily. That's probably because people don't really pay attention to me.

It's so funny how when you think life's about to get good and just blows up in your face leaving you more depressed than you were before. The cycle with my best friends seems to keep happening and it hurts each time worse than the one before it.

Especially since the more time you spend with them, the more attatched you get.

And then there is my family.

Everybody seems to love my younger and elder sisters more than me. I would mainly get compared to my elder sister. People would say "Why couldn't you be more like Delilah?" or "When your elder sister was your age she could do this perfectly so why can't you?"

On the other hand my younger sister is the one who gets all the attention leaving me unnoticed.

Practically invisible.

They'd all be like, "Lily this. Lily that." And I'm just a house decoration which only gets a few seconds of attention before the person moves on as if it wasn't there.

And I would try my best to get noticed by them by getting high grades. Competing in competitions. Joining clubs that I don't even enjoy.

And all just to be noticed.

The things we do to try to gain our loved ones attention.

But do they work?

Not really.

I might get complimented the first time but then it's forgotten. I can only do so much before I get tired and give up. I am after all just human and there isn't much that I could do.

I'd spend my nights crying myself to sleep. Thinking hard and trying to find out what is wrong with me? Why people don't love me? What did I do so bad that people don't want me around?

Now I spend most of my time in my room.

I only speak when spoken to.

Fake smiles and forced laughs had become my best friends.

I also learnt to not trust anyone but myself. After all in the end I can only ever depend on myself no matter what since only I truly care about myself. Everybody else always leaves you behind.

Alone.

And I never show my emotions. Showing emotions makes a person vulnerable. If I don't show my feelings I believe one day I won't feel pain anymore. One day I wouldn't feel the loneliness. I'll have to wait for that day to come.

But until then I will remain being the second choice.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N

New story!!!

Well guys here is the prologue of my new story!!!!

This story was inspired by The Selection by Kiera Cass and a piece of me is in it.

I hope you guys enjoy reading it!!!

Please vomment and share!!!!

WUV YOU GUYS!!!! ~ Fawzia <3