Chapter Twelve ~Understanding~

A/N: Hahaha...okay, I changed my mind. This chapter won't have "The Fight" in it. I needed to clear things up and I needed to explain Riley's story. I just thought of this new twist around today and I thought "FINALLY! This is going to make PERFECT sense". So yeah, this story is probably going to be a wee bit longer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"When your world's tumbling down and you don't know what to do, just turn up the music and cry your heart out!"

-Anonymous

Chapter Twelve ~Understanding~:

(Arianna's POV...before she texted Eric)

               I was stuck in this room for three freaking days and being here made my hatred and anger for Riley build more and more. I was bored as hell and I didn’t even have my phone to keep me entertained! The only time I was able to get out was when I needed to go to the bathroom. But even then, I was being closely watched by Kevin, the guy I kneed in the groin. Perverted assholes-they didn't come in with me of course but still, they were perverted.

                I haven't seen Riley though; he must be out doing his business, whatever it is. Speaking of which, I can't believe he shot me with a freaking dart gun! I wasn't a fucking animal! Damn him.

                To make matters worse, they got my hidden cell phone. I don't know how the hell they did it but the mental images were really disturbing; I wanted to think that it just fell out. The thing is, they were completely stupid. I knew where they hid my phone because it kept ringing last Monday. My friends must have been trying to reach me. I don't even know how the mute button was turned off.

                I paced the length of the room, thinking of a way to get out of here but nothing came to my mind. All the windows were shut tight and obviously the doors were lock. There was a single bed in the middle of the room and that was it; nothing else except my duffle bag, the bed, and me.

                A knock on the door broke me out of my thoughts.

                "Ari," The asshole (Riley) called. He was back? "I'm coming in. I need to talk to you about something." Oh, now he wanted to talk, eh? Just as he was about to open the door, I braced myself against it and pushed the door closed again. "What the hell, Ari!"

                "Shut the hell up you moron! I don't want to talk to you!" I shouted back at him, pushing the door even more. But he was strong and was able to push it open again.

                  "It's really important you know! Stop pushing back! Just let me explain! Please!" And with that last word, he pushed with all his might, making me fall on my butt.

                Asshole.

                Riley came in with a poker face; I glared up at him from the floor. "Sorry," He said. "I thought you were sleeping."

                "At three in the afternoon? Yeah, right." I scoffed. Anger suddenly washed through me. All the anger I had bottled up suddenly came rushing forward. I got up and looked at Riley straight in the eye. He seemed unfazed though and that just made me glare at him harder. "Riley, dear, it's time for you to pay."

                And with that said, I sent a right hook to his face. He was surprised for a nanosecond but then he caught it easily, twisting my arm in the process. "I don't want to hurt you, Ari."