Chapter 23

(A/N): I almost didn't update today because I'm evil >:3
I WAS GONNA KILL VYLAD SO THIS IS THE ALTERNATIVE
I love this song XD
I'm adding it I don't care if it has nothing to do with the chapter.

Dante's POV-
Beep! Beep! Beep!
It's been a week. I held his hand and gripped it tightly.
Vylad had slipped into a coma.
After we got the news about Garroth, Vylad panicked. Was saying things like, 'Should've been me', 'Never there for them' and calling himself helpless and useless. He hyperventilated until he passed out, and he hasn't woken up since. The doctors said it should be soon.
Meanwhile, Garte was finally arrested. He finally got what he had coming. Garroth has a machine pumping his heart until they get enough blood donations. They're almost there. Mostly because of Laurence. He donated five or six times, until the doctors told him he couldn't anymore because then he'd need bloods donations. We all donated some,but Laurence...poor guy. Travis told me he's been completely distraught. Crying all the time, even in his sleep, mumbling things like Vylad did, and he's been cutting too. Travis has done all he can to stop him but somehow he gets more cuts every day. Finally, Travis was able to stop him by asking, 'Did Garroth save you so you can do this?'
That stopped him. Travis's move has been delayed because he was staying back to help with Laurence. I hope Garroth wakes up soon, because Zane's baby is due in three weeks. I think it's cool how they reduced the birth time with the amulet. I remember what Vylad said before he went into his coma...I wonder if we'd have a baby someday. If he'd take me.
They aren't sure when Vylad will wake up. I think I know. Vylad's been talking nonstop about being an uncle. I think if either Garroth wakes up or if Zane's baby is born, we could bring one of them in and wake him up. The doctors said he could hear us. He could feel. He just can't wake himself up. It's like he's in a groggy wonderland with his conscious.
"Vylad, please come back to me. Please." I gripped his hand tighter and cried. "Vylad, please. We've all been so lost without you. I want you back. I need you back. Vylad...I love you."
His heart rate sped up. Shit, I forgot he could hear me. Oh well. I was planing on telling him eventually. I gently moved his hair and kissed his forehead. Vylad shifted. He shifted!
"Vylad? Vylad! Are ya in there! Vylad?!" I look up at his heart rate. It's...normal. Maybe that wasn't the only thing to wake him up...
One of his eyes fluttered open.
"Hey Dante..." He smiled weakly.
"VYLAD!" I scream happily, hugging him.
Vylad let out a weak laugh. "Dante..."
"Yeah?" I pulled away from my bear hug and my heart dropped. Oh yeah...I just....shit.
"What you said...did you really mean it?" Vylad asked nervously.
I sigh. "Yeah. I've loved you for forever... I mean, what's not to love? You're perfect, and I know I shouldn't. But I love you. I'm sorry..."
I stared into Vylad's forest green eyes, waiting for his response.
"Dante...I need some time. I think I love you, but I don't know what love is...I want to love you. I get butterflies when I'm around you. I feel happy when I'm with you. But...I just need some time to process everything, OK?"
I felt my heart drop. Well, at least it isn't a no. "I completely understand! It's fine! I'll just go get the doctors and tell them you're up.." I stood up and Vylad gripped my hand.
"Thanks for waking me up."
"No problem. Anything for you I said weakly, before running off to get the doctors. Man, rejection stings. Even if it isn't rejection, just temporarily rejected. It could lead to rejection. And it hurts. Why did I tell Vylad that? I don't want to add to his problems with family. After I get the doctors, I pay a visit to Garroth's room. Surprise, surprise, Laurence is there. "Hey Laurence... I'm going to go camping, OK?" I need to think. I'll be back in like a week."
Laurence nods and turns back to Garroth. I run out and drive off in my car.
I need time to think.
I need to give Vylad time to think.
I think I'm sick of thinking.

(A/N): YOU DIDN'T THINK I'D LET VYLANTE HAPPEN THAT EASILY? MUHAWHAWHAW...HAW...HAW...I'm gonna go hide now...