Chapter 12 - Feel Safe

Jean Verodine

"You're full?" Blake asked chuckling as he put his arm around my shoulder.

"That was a lot, Blake." I answered.

"What happened to your phone?" He suddenly asked and that caught me out of guard.

"I dropped it and I haven't bought a new one."

"Clumsy, Jean." He smiled and thanked God he didn't suspect a thing.

"I'll buy a new one later on." I said to him and he shook my head.

"Do you know how crazy I was looking for you?"

"I thought you weren't looking for me, you forgot about me." I looked away not wanting to look in his eyes.

"Jean.. are you being serious?" He asked me disbelief.

"What? Where are we going?" I asked and he stood up taking my hand.

"Having fun." He gave me his cheeky smile and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"What were you doing in Paris?" I asked.

"At last you're concerned about my whereabouts, Jean." He chuckled and patted my head.

"I lost a deal and Max asked me to join him to go to that person to take the deal."

"Did you get it now?"

"I got it but it was a 50-50 deal with Max."

"Well did Max regret bringing you?" I looked at him chuckling and he sighed nodding.

"He kinda did... He made sure I owe him one."

"Max? As in Max Cesantio?" I asked because I noticed that he's friends with the 7 Gold Lifes.

"You know him?"

"Everyone knows him and he's hot." I said bluntly and Blake stopped, he dropped his arm from my shoulder.

"Hot? You didn't just say that."

"It's the truth."

"Too bad.. he's taken sweetie." He took my hand and I chuckled.

"Taken? By who?"

"Rose Hastington." He pulled me inside a store as he said that and my eyes widen.

"Blake, what are-"

"Do you want the rose gold one or the gold one? Yours was the gold right?" He asked as he looked at the phone displays.

"Blake I don't need it now."

"Do you want me to go crazy to know your whereabouts? Or maybe I should make sure I have a bodyguard on you 24 hours? I mean.. how could you live without your phone?" I looked around to see if people hear Blake's high tone voice. Some people even recognized me and I smiled to them lightly before turning to Blake.

"I don't want it now." I crossed my arms and walked out of the store. My eyes caught a big pink pastel shop across the street. It's a cupcake shop, I pouted and looked at my stomach.

Should I get it or not? I just ate a big feast earlier.

Blake didn't follow me so I decided to cross the road. Walked through the crosswalk and suddenly I saw the person I want to avoid the most. He was smiling from the other side and it made me walk backwards. I quickly walked back. My body was shaking as he walks towards me.

"Jean." I screamed when someone touched me and closed my eyes immediately.

"Jean.. it's me Blake." I opened my eyes and looked for  Will but he's gone.