6. Meet Ellison

After taking the subway home, I rushed inside and threw a few pairs of clothes into my bag. Grabbing my toiletries, I sent a text to Jessica and Nicholas letting them know that I was going to be gone for the weekend.

  I then called Jonathan, my personal driver and pilot to start the chopper and drove out to the landing not too far from my house. Jonathan was already inside and ready for takeoff by the time I had tossed my bag into the back and moved to the passenger seat.

People say money can't buy you happiness, but to be honest, it does fucking help. I put on my earphones, listening in on Jonathan's signals as we flew into Brooklyn. I'd texted the number that I called Ellison at and told her to be waiting outside her school in the parking lot. And twenty minutes later, there she was, dressed in black leggings and an army green jacket with a floral scarf looped around her neck, a look of horror, shock, and amazement written all over her features.

"Niall." Was the first sound out of her mouth as she stood still, her dark hair blowing to the side by the wind of the rotating blades. I noticed that it was a different color, all brown, even with the dark cape of the night pulled over our silhouettes.

"Don't say anything, just get on." Ellison didn't listen though as she stayed put like a defiant child.  "Come'on." I directed, getting annoyed with her stubborn ass. "We have a plane to catch at JFK and then a seven hour plane ride and I'd like to just get there already."

Ellison's head snapped to mine. "Whoa-" she held her hands out. "A what?" She then began to laugh. "Oh I don't think so..."

"Ellison." I bit.

"No, Niall. You're crazy." She crossed her arms. "I barely know you. What makes you think that I would fly to God-knows-where with you?"

"Good, well, we can get to know each other on the way. Let's go." I grabbed her bag and turned to the helicopter, only for her to reach out and pull on my suit jacket. My teeth gritted in response. "Never tug on me." I barked and stepped out of her hold, lifting my shoulders back as I walked to the helicopter. I threw her bag in next to mine and closed the door. "Ellison, come."

"Did you really think you could just show up here in that, and expect me to jump in joy?" She bit right back.

I ignored her question and just jerked my head telling her to get in.

She was silent with a deadly scowl on her face. If looks could kill, I'm sure I'd be shot straight to hell right now.

"I do not have time to play games." I practically growled. "Let's go."

She walked towards me silently, her eyes still fuming with anger and rage as if she was actually trying to kill. "You're an asshole." She muttered under her breath as she stepped in side.

I laughed bitterly. "You have no idea."

The ride to the airport was silent, and even after we landed and boarded my private jet. Ellison scoffed at the sight, but her eyes told another story as she looked around in awe, glancing over the lit isle way and over the tan, leather seats that were much more relaxing than a normal plane. Her frail fingers traced the arms of the chairs as she moved to the very back, deciding to sit on the large, rounding couch.

I watched as she crossed her legs Indian style and looked out the window into the dark night. She was toying with something on her neck, but I didn't bother focusing on it anymore as I took my seat in a chair and pulled out my laptop. The plane went dark, the only source of light being the isle, and immediately began to lap the landing strip before taking off into the dark, captivating star lit sky.