55. Sparkly, Pink Tutus

N I A L L

"-Horan is officially off the market, ladies and gentlemen! We have all seen the few photos trickle in over the course of the last few months," a dark, young male spoke loudly through the E! News spokes room and I was quick to turn down the volume. A few photographs of Ellison and I were suddenly pasted to the television screen. "However, the couple finally confirmed the news on Friday night as Ellison Mioré, shown on the right, displayed her stunning diamond ring."

The cameras then zoomed in on the blonde woman.

"The couple was spotted celebrating Saint Patrick's Day at Top Golf in Edison, New Jersey; along side Liam Payne and his wife, singer and X Factor judge, Cheryl Cole, model and current fashion designer with LT Designs, Louis Tomlinson, as well as Australian actress, Regina Zweayona."

"Uh-oh."

My head turned to see El sleepy staring at the telly with heavy eyes. "Sorry, love. Didn't mean to wake you," I whispered just as her head moved up to rest on top of my sprawled out arm. Instinctively, I pulled her closer. "They haven't said anything about the pregnancy, just your engagement ring."

"For the burning question, Derek, who is Ellison Mioré and how exactly did she and Horan meet?"

The man smiled and directed his attention to the camera. "Thanks to a few insiders, we will have that information for you, right after the break." The show cut and El's arm was suddenly wrapped around my waist.

"It's okay. Did you just turn it on?"

"Yeah. Didn't even mean to, honestly."

"What supposed insiders do you think they have?"

I chortled. "They don't. They practically stalk you and dig through years of social media and personal information to find what they need, then use the term insider to get away with the fact that technically committed a felony." One of my hands fell over top of hers as I felt her solid stomach press up against my ribs. Angling to the side, I stealthily attempted to put a sliver of space between our bodies. My hip dipped into the bed, creating a small hole between us where the baby could easily rest. "Besides, El, you're pretty well known in New York. It's not that hard to find information on you. I can type your name into google and find all of your social media, dance reviews, school homepage, pictures of competitions, etcetera."

Her lips pursed together against my shoulder before she left a single peck in the same spot. "That's a little scary..." she mumbled, lightly laughing after.

"You've never googled yourself?" I chuckled.

"No? Have you?"

"Sometimes if I'm looking for a certain article or picture."

She didn't say anything in response and a moment later the E! News was back on. "This is weird..." she stated, listening to them talk about her life as a dancer and attending Royal Oaks Performance Academy. I started to cackle while I muted the television and rolled over to hover her small body. Ellison's fingers were chilly against my bare stomach, but her smile was enough to warm my entire insides.

"Never been papped before?"

"There were hired paparazzi at the openings of productions followed by light media coverage, and I got pictured after certain dance performances like when dancing with Misty Copeland. Oh, and I was in the newspaper a few times for certain competitions, but that's been it."