53. Don't Fucking Worry About It

We ended up at some Mexican restaurant not too far inside the New Jersey state boarder line.

April and Harry were on their way, tagging along Harry's sister, Gemma. I think I've only met her once or twice, but she was staying with them for a few days and I didn't want her to feel left out. Besides, I didn't know any of Niall's friends, so maybe it would be nice to have a few familiar faces around.

"Did you not like the burrito?" Niall asked, watching me stuff my face with the tortilla chips and salsa instead. I glanced to my plate before looking back up.

"It was good, but it gave me a mass amount of heartburn– I don't know, I've never had that happen before."

"Well, did you want something else instead? I don't mind waiting for you to eat; you need food." I was thankful for his offer, but politely declined. I really wasn't up for the chase right now to figure out what would and wouldn't cause my chest to ignite on fire.

Niall didn't seem to like my choice, but he did bring up the fact that if I got hungry, there would be food at the golf place. I just nodded and waited for him to finish so that way we could pay the bill and be on our merry way.

Finally making it to Topgolf, I was surprised to see that it was mainly inside. On each level, there was a large platform that over looked a huge target area– each target signaling a different point score system. The further your ball was hit away from the platform, the more points you would receive.

Niall loaded our cards and grabbed a beer from the bar before finally making our way up the stairs and onto the third floor where his friends had already picked out a large spot. Finally making it past the other insane people who wanted to spend their afternoon swinging a metal pole (like for fuck's sake, that's not what a pole is used for– give me one and I'll show ya how it's properly done), we made it to the end of the deck. A few of the men hollered at Niall, smiling as they had already begun messing around on the patch of fake green.

A few randoms next to us glanced to our group, staring for a moment, but they didn't say much as they went on with their game.

"Payno!" Niall called out, his eyes landing on the familiar brunette. I'm 99% sure that his name was Liam.

They shook hands. "If it isn't the Irish, himself." His deep brown eyes then met mine, nearly drowning me in the depths of his irises. "Good to see you as well, Ellison."

I smiled at the fact that he remembered me. "You too, Liam."

Just then, another man joined us, however he was a bit smaller than the two standing next to me. "Good to see ya, lad. How're ya doin'?"

"Aye, Lou!" Niall's smile seemed to widen as he immediately reached his arms out to give a brief hug. The man– Louis– hugged back as well before pulling away and settling his eyes on mine.

"You must be the famous Ellison." My eyes perked in surprise as I quickly glanced between he and Niall for a moment before settling on a simple nod with a soft smile. Niall has talked about me to his friends? I felt my heart swell.

"Yes, sir," I reached my hand out, but instead was pulled into a tight hug, causing a small giggle to leave my lips.

"None of that mental talk. It's Louis, or Tommo, or Lou– pretty much anything other than sir." I laughed a little more at his command but nodded as I pulled away.