38. Are You Really Quoting me Romeo and Juliet

2 updates in 2 days! Impressive right? lol especially after going nearly months without posting 🙃 I love you guys. Not edited, well bc of my screen, but I tried. So please try to enjoy, mistakes and all! Lol xoxo

———

                                  N I A L L

"El, you're not ruining anything." My eyes cast down, watching as her emerald green eyes were coated by her bronze sparkled eyelids.

Was she crazy? This was a perfect date. Granted she hadn't been feeling the best, but she was trying to fight it for her friend. And I envied her strength.

She looked so weak and so tired and all I could do was wrap my arms around her tighter in hopes that I could help her heal some way.

"I feel like I am-" Ellison mumbled, her eyes suddenly popping open and she tugged at the collar of my shirt. "Oh-fuck, Niall!" Her gasp sounded so helpless and painful and I could immediately feel my heart thumping heavily in my chest, beating nearly as fast as Thumper's foot from the movie Bambi.

I sat up, gripping tightly onto her arms as I tried to get her to open her eyes as they closed tightly. "Baby, what is it?" I panicked, just as Harry and April ran over towards us.

Tears flooded her checks as her eyes clenched tightly shut, her body stiff in my hold. "It hurts so bad, make it stop!" She nearly yelled. Her face was in so much pain, sweat beginning to trickle down her forehead as her face drained of all color. She was as pale as a lifeless ghost.

"El, I need you to tell me what is going on." I tried to stay calm.

"What's happening?" Harry asked, his expressing not falling short from mine.

"I need an ambulance, now!" I rushed, glancing towards April who just completely broke down and tucked herself into Harry.

By now, people from the inside were crowding around us, everyone trying to figure out what happened, but I was too focused on the girl in my arms to care.

Natalie and an older gentleman ran from the back, both asking questions, but before I could get a word out, the body in my arms stopped struggling and fell completely still into my hold. "Harry-" I panicked, trying to shake her slightly. "Harry, Harry, Harry!" I yelled, watching as she just moved with my touch, but didn't budge. He repeated the scene to the 911 operator on the phone before I was suddenly just standing and carrying her through the slight crowd who seemed to gasp and part so I could get through.

Natalie chased after, helping me get the doors. "The ambulance is on their way."

"It's not going to be fast enough." I rushed, struggling to get my keys out of my pocket. "I can meet them half way or try to get to the nearest emergency center."

"Let me go with you." Natalie stuck her hands into my pocket and grabbed my car keys. "I can sit in the back with her and make sure that she stays breathing." I didn't really care. I didn't care much about anything at the moment, other than the fact that my girlfriend just passed the fuck out in my arms.

I laid her down in the back, grabbing a small spare blanket from the trunk to wrap her in so that way she wouldn't freeze, watching as Nat climbed in with her. I felt tears prick at the corner of my eyes, but just pushed them away as I ripped out of the parking lot and onto the freeway. The drive was about ten minutes into Brooklynn before we spotted the ambulance coming to the stoplight. With no cars around, it made it easy to put the car in park and flag them down.

Only moments later, they had her on a stretcher, hooked up to an oxygen tank as one of the men tried to stabilize the beating of her heart. I was sat in the back, knees shaking, hands folded over lips, eyes just watching intently while Natalie drove my car to the hospital where Harry and April would soon meet us.