~6~

Chapter Six: Who's Cheating?

"I cannot believe this," I mutter under my breath.

"Really? I saw it coming from a mile away."

I pull the phone away from my ear and glare at it, hoping that Chase will absorb the negative energy I'm sending him. "No one asked you, Rivera."

"You called me!" He protests. Rolling my eyes, I jab the "End Call" button and slide my phone back in my pocket. I should have known that inviting him to my pathetic little spy mission would be a bad idea. This in general is a bad idea, but I can't exactly back out now.

Two feet away, Cameron has Parker pinned against the brick of his house.

After what seems like hours of their faces being fused together, Parker pulls away. "Cameron." Cameron shakes his head and starts kissing her harder. "Cameron, there's something I need to talk to you about," she protests, shoving him away from her.

"It can wait," he replies with a laugh. "I don't want to think of anything right now except this."

"Cam, enough!"

Mentally, I bore holes into Parker's head. She is not allowed to call him that.

"What?" He whines.

"You have to tell Ann."

"Excuse me?!"

"You have to tell Ann."

"Why? Haven't things been good the way they are?"

"No! I feel so guilty I can't sleep!"

"Well, let me take your mind off your guilt."

"Cam..."

"Hey guys!" Chase waves cheerfully as he bounds over to where they stand.

What is he doing? He's ruining our cover!

Cameron shoves Parker away from him, causing her to trip and fall into the wall.

"Hey!" She hisses.

"What's up? Err, how long have you been around for, bro?" The panic on Cameron's face is evident as he struggles for a casual-looking position against the wall.

Chase shrugs and smiles. "Ah, you know, I've been all around today. Anywho! Enough about me, how are you all? Man, last time I saw you, you were getting laid!"

Mentally, I am kicking him where it hurts.

Cameron chokes on his spit. "Well, I mean, ahaha..." The shocked look of outrage he receives from Parker in response could kill a man.

"Well, I guess I should tell you I've decided to go on the vacation after all! I just think it will be so much fun."

As it turns out, Chase Rivera is full of surprises. Nodding to myself, I get up and take a calming breath.

"Hey, Cam!" I call, trotting over as innocently as can be. I make myself sick, I should have been an actress.

"Why is this happening to me," I hear Parker mutter as I stand on my tip-toes to give him a kiss on the cheek.