~7~

Chapter Seven- Oh, How I Hate Packing

"I honestly don't know why you're here. Go away," I demand, making a shooing motion with my hands.

"I don't want to. Besides, there's something I need to tell you," Chase folds a t-shirt and tosses it into my suitcase.

"Well, get on with it then, because I need to pack my bras and you don't need to see them."

"Oh, sweetheart, I've seen too many bras in my life time to count, I can't be bothered to care about yours. Don't be shy," he winks.

I swat him with a pair of shorts in response.

"Feisty, are we? Well then, maybe I don't feel like telling you, then."

I wrinkle my nose in annoyance. If there's one thing I hate, it's being left in the dark. "Okay, tell me."

"No, you've hurt my feelings," he pouts before his expression turns mischievous. "You're going to have to pay for that."

I mock a frown and sit next to him, playing with his hair absentmindedly. "Well, I'm sorry, you big baby. Do you want a cookie?"

"No, I was thinking more along the lines of..." He swiftly pins me on my back and I frantically attempt to squirm my way out of his iron hold.

"Chase, please!" I gasp in panic. "I'm sorry, just let me go!"

His eyes widen in horror as realization hits, and in a millisecond he's off of me. "Ann, I- I promise I would never hurt you. I'm so sorry I made you feel scared. I wasn't trying anything, I just..." he gestures vaguely to the box of markers on my desk. "I was going to draw a mustache on you."

I blink. "Really?"

"Really what?"

"Nothing, it's just... I'm surprised you actually got off of me."

He cocks his head. "You're important to me, Ann. Of course I'm going to respect your boundaries."

I take a sharp breath. Having my boundaries respected or even considered isn't something I've experienced in a long, long time.

"Um, well... you can do the mustache thing. But I need a five second head start."

"You're on," he laughs.

"Five... four..." I sprint away from the bed, grabbing a shoe as a weapon. "three... two... one!"

Before I can even blink, he has me pinned loosely on the carpeted floor.

"Well, well, well." He grins, grabbing the marker. "Miss Brooks, I have a question for you."

I roll my eyes, upset at the unbelievably pathetic defeat. "What?"

"Would you fancy a nice mustache?"

"I'd fancy a kiss, Rivera," I smirk.

"Wh-what?"

I take advantage of the weak spot his momentary shock has afforded me and slip out of his hold.

"Hey! That's just evil."

"If using one of my many talents to my advantage is evil, then so be it."

"Yeah, I wouldn't exactly call catching me off guard a talent," he scoffs, folding his arms across his broad chest. "Anyways, can you tell me about that poster behind you?"

Before I can realize my mistake, my head snaps towards the wall behind me and in the amount of time it takes me to realize that I don't actually have any posters in my room, I'm pinned to the floor once again and there's a marker hovering dangerously close to my face.

"Don't move, squirming will only mess up my artwork."

"Fine. But if you're going to mustache me, at least make it good."

"Oh, I took an art class a year ago. Granted, I got kicked out, but they were just jealous of my skills."

"Just get it over with then. You're crushing me."

"More like you're crushing on me."

"Dream on, Rivera."

"We both know that was good. Come on."

I shake my head and he sighs.

"One, you're in denial, and two, stop moving. I almost messed up."

"Are you done yet?!"

"And.... Yes. Done."

"Finally."

He laughs, shaking his head.

"What?"

"You are a wonder."

My cheeks turn hot in embarrassment.

"Especially with a mustache on your face."

"You know, there was almost half of a moment there where I almost felt something for you, but you ruined it."

"Oh? What did you feel, exactly?"

"Oh, darn, look at the time. I've got to attend to some business, so if you wouldn't mind seeing yourself out..."

"I'll extract some feeling from you someday," he swears, making his way to the door. "Goodbye, Ann."

"Bye, sweetheart," I call.

He closes the door and my eyes widen in shock as I realize what I just said. My phone buzzes and I pick up immediately.

"Hello?"

"Did you just call me sweetheart?"

"You have the wrong number." I hang up and groan. What am I doing?