Epilogue

Epilogue- time for bed

"Is it real?"

"Is what real, honey?"

Sophia cuddles closer to her mom and yawns. "Is the story real?"

"Yes, sweetheart. It's real."

"What about daddy?"

"Well, what about him?"

"Is daddy your first love? I mean, he has to be, right?"

Before Vanessa can answer, a hand reaches out and turns the lights off.

"Mommy!" Sophia buries her head under the covers and her mother reaches to comfort her.

"Don't worry, it's just daddy being silly. Lights, please!"

Her husband pokes his head into the room and smiles. "My bad. It was an accident." He hides his hands behind his back and Vanessa rolls her eyes. Why she agreed to marry this man, she's never truly figured out.

"Oh, come over and apologize to your poor daughter."

He scoffs, but obligingly bends over the little bump in the covers. You could almost mistake it for a blanket, if not for a telltale foot.

"Sophia... I'm sorry," he smiles apologetically at the lump, which is unimpressed and unmoved by his apology. "Hmm... oh, I know what will make you come out. I have some ice cream, but no one to eat it with.."

Sophia shoots out from under the covers and beams at her dad. "You have me!!!! Pick me!"

"Well, I was going to share it with your mom..."

"Daddy! Mommy, tell daddy to stop being rude." She crossed her pudgy arms and pouted.

"Really, I think you've done quite enough bullying for today."

He sighs in defeat and crawls into the kid sized bed, scooping up his child and cradling her in his arms. "I'm sorry, princess. We'll have the ice cream tomorrow. I love you."

She smiled sleepily. "I love you too, daddy." She almost nodded off, but forced her eyes open.
"Wait, daddy. Are you mama's first love?"

"What's this about first love? I hope you aren't referring to Cameron."

Sophia wrinkled her nose and yawned. "No, he's a wiener."

His mouth threatened to twitch into a smile. "That he was."

"So are you her first love, daddy? I'm tired, let's get to the point."

"Well, well! Only your mother can tell that."

Vanessa looked at her husband and leaned her head on his shoulder. "You are my everything."

"And you are mine, sweetheart."

Important A/N: I wrote this a LONG time ago when I was still young and dumb and just beginning to learn about consent and respecting women. I've since edited the crap out of this in an attempt to save it, but there are still some off parts that I haven't gotten to yet. Vanessa originally was the perfect example of a weak woman character and I hate how I wrote her. I'm not sure to what extent I improved her, but please learn from this and give your characters flaws and make them strong. Allow them to grow, because no one stays exactly the same forever. And most importantly, love yourself, because if you do it's going to reflect back on your characters and make them stronger. I really hope that this book did not offend anyone and that those who read it know their worth and know that they should never be like the original, "I hate myself but a guy likes me so I'm magically fixed now" Vanessa. Be bold. Be brave. Love yourself.