~9~

Chapter Nine- An Awkward Position

"Am I hearing this right? You're telling me I have to get in this "pool" which is actually just the trunk of your truck that's covered in tarp and filled with water... With my clothes on... Next to a guy I barely know. While the truck is going over fifty miles per hour."

"Yep, that about sums it up! You can always change into your swimsuit. Hey, remember that this was your idea."

"I didn't think I would actually be taken up on it! Can't you just empty out the water?"

Chase rolls his eyes and gets in the front with Molly. She better not touch him, I think angrily before hopping in the trunk/pool.

And what if she does? I scold myself. It's none of my business who touches Chase.

"Hey, my name is Luke," the guy across from me says, pulling me away from my thoughts. "Remember it, 'cause you'll be screaming it all night."

"Excuse me?" 

"Hey babe, pretend my pants are France and invade them."

"I will literally pay you to end this now."

He ignores me and whips out yet another horribly cliche pick-up line. "Is your dad a preacher? Because you are a blessing."

"I'll give that one a four and a half, tops."

"Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?"

"We're sitting in a truck," I point out.

"Sh, one more. Of all your beautiful curves, I like your smile the best."

I feel my cheeks warm up, to my dismay. That one was actually cute... ignoring the telltale blush that's no doubt spread across my cheeks, I push my sunglasses further up the bridge of my nose and shrug.

"Really? That's my best one! You are one hard to please woman."

"Yep."

"That's okay, I like the feisty ones."

I don't bother with a reply.

"Oh, come on, babe! I'm trying here."

"I'm not, and don't call me babe."

"You're being difficult."

"That's because I don't like you."

He leans towards me and I back up in surprise. "I think that's a lie."

"Sorry, you just aren't my type."

"Prove it."

"Excuse me?"

He takes off my sunglasses and drops them into the water.

"Hey!"

"Now I can see how you react," he smirks and trails the back his hand across my cheek softly.

I scowl. "Get off of me, Luke."

"I can see that blush, you do like me!" He releases me and pumps his fist in victory.