~18~

Chapter eighteen- jealous much?

There's a slow dance scene here, and I thought I'd put my playlist here for anyone who's interested in what songs I imagine going on in the background. Enjoy!

'When God Made You' by Newsong and Natalie Grant

'When I Found You' by BeBe Winans

'I Hope You Dance' by Lee Ann Womack

'All Of Me' by John Legend ft. Lindsey Stirling

'Just Give Me a Reason' by P!nk

Chase looks at me in surprise, as if he expected me to come running into his arms. I don't think so, buddy. I have a date with this food. You, my friend, can go dance with jealousy. When he sees that I'm serious, he sighs and walks away with his hands in his pockets.

"So... Trouble in paradise?"

I sigh and fill my plate with food. "Yeah, but it's never been a paradise. Yesterday he kissed me-"

"I heard," Rosie twists her mouth into an amused grin and I scowl at her in return.

"Yeah, um, that was my first kiss and, well, that's a huge deal for me."

"I understand."

"Okay. So then, as we're walking home and I'm thinking, wow, I really like this guy, I kiss him again. This time he pulls away. Then he spouts off crap about how he doesn't deserve me, like I'm Jesus reincarnated! After that, he insisted he had no feelings for me and he's ignored me until now."

Rosie nods slowly. "I think you did the right thing in rejecting him. He needs to know that what he did wasn't okay and that he can't treat you like his little pet. However, he does love you. I can see it in his eyes."

I shrug noncommittally and glance over at him. "Crap. What is he doing over there?"

There he is, laughing his head off with Molly. Freaking Molly. I never liked her. Of course she looks fantastic in her purple tulle dress. Curse her long supermodel legs! Who does she think she is?

Rosie follows my gaze and tisks. "Come with me, there's someone I want you to meet."

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

"Vanessa, this is Joseph. He's a personal trainer," Rosie informs me.

Even under the thick material of the suit his muscles visibly show.

"Hi, um... I'm Vanessa. I'm a college student."

"How many years to go?" He asks politely. Crap, he's hot.

"Two."

"That's cool. I just graduated a year ago."

I raise my eyebrows in interest and with that, Rosie leaves us to talk.

"So, would you care to dance?"

"Well, I'm not much of a dancer..."

He laughs. "They're only playing slow songs. Slow dancing is easy, I'll teach you."

"Okay," I give in. He takes my hand and leads me to the dance floor.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Chase P.O.V

What is she doing dancing with Mr. Muscles? Why is she smiling? She should be over there with Rosie, watching me talk to Molly. Fucking Molly. She hasn't shut up since I walked over here.