Would it be okay if I kissed you?

Summary: takes place 7x10, based on The rumours (spoiler alert) of Toby passing away in 7x10 and spencer being in the car crash he so called "dies" in and Toby asks her a question.

"If you're gonna insist that you come, then what choice do I have?" Spencer snaps at Toby.

"I'm trying to protect you and your friends." Toby says.

"This isn't high school, Toby! if I wanted you to come I would've said so!"

It was clear to Toby he wasn't wanted. He was angered by how angry she was at him lately.

"Why are you yelling at me? You didn't yell at Caleb and he kissed Hanna-" Toby cuts himself off.

There's a long pause as spencer looks down.

Toby regrets what he just said, it made her cry. Caleb was an asshole, and Spencer shouldn't feel bad because of that.

A single tear rolls down her cheek and she very quickly wipes it away.

"If you're coming then let's go." Spencer softly but angrily says.

Spencer gets into drivers seat and Toby sits in passenger.

"Once you get in then um... Give me the- the all clear and-" "we've been over it like 10 times, babe." Toby says.

Spencer's heart falls to her stomach.

"I'm sorry. It's a habit, really. Me and yvonne are happy and and uh..." Toby rambles.

After a long silence spencer says "it's I mean like whatever."

Even though she was more nervous than she'd ever been.

--

Spencer sprints outside of the lost woods along with Toby, spencer a bit faster.

Toby goes into passenger seat of the car and spencer goes into drivers.

They see Whoever killed Charlotte running to a black truck.

"SHIT!" Spencer cries.

She speeds off.

After a while they lose A and park in the middle of nowhere.

They are both panting, and Toby suddenly places a hand on her inner thigh.

Spencer pushes him away.

"Stop it with all this, Toby!" Spencer cries.

"You... You're making me feel bad! When I came to rosewood I was expecting you to be waiting for me, and it was a huge stab in the heart when you weren't. I've moved on, but you... Ugh!" Spencer yells.

She grabs fistfuls of her hair.

"I... I'm sorry." Toby softly says.

After a few minutes, spencer says "no... I am. You're happy with Yvonne, I'm happy being single... Let's just go home" spencer says.

"Wait." Toby says.

"What?" Spencer snaps.

"I'm not happy" Toby stutters.

"W-what?" Spencer shakily says.

Suddenly Spencer sees headlights speeding for them.

"Tob-" the impact shuts her up.

With shards of glass stuck all over her body, and a broken arm, Spencer figures she has it the worst.

She sees A run off.

"Help" she weakly says.

Spencer looks down at Toby, who's head is on her lap.

He was gushing blood out of his stomach from a huge shard of glass.

"Toby" Spencer cries.

Toby opens his eyes, and snuggles up to Spencer.

"I... I'm gonna get... You help." Spencer pants.

Spencer is about to try and drag him to safety, but he won't let her go.

"I'm gonna die." Toby calmly says.

"No!" Spencer cries.

She rests her head on Toby, careful not to hurt him.

"Don't say that!" She sobs.

"Okay..." Toby says.

"Would it be okay if I kissed you?" Toby asks.

"Yes." Spencer almost calmly says.

They share a passionate kiss.

"I love you." Spencer says.

But Toby is already gone.

"Toby!" Spencer screams.

"I love you! We- will get married and I'll- I'll have your children and I'm so sorry I got rid of our child and I- I never wanted you to leave I love you-" after her rambling she just hyperventilates.

In a story you read or see as a child, true loves kiss is supposed to bring someone back to life.

It doesn't.

And Spencer learned the hard way.