A february afternoon

Summary: so I was re watching 3x16 and I just realized that Spencer was gonna give that scrabble board to Toby on their 1 year anniversary. He obviously got it eventually because he had it in season 5, so I thought I'd write a one shot about him receiving it.

It was a cold February day. It was probably the last day the snow would fall, but it was a total storm.

Spencer and Toby were snuggled up in Spencer's bed.

Toby was sitting beside her, reading a book while she did homework.

Her parents were on the outskirts of town meeting with a client.

It was the perfect day to lay in bed with your significant other.

And that's just what the pair was doing, except, in their own nerdy way.

Spencer glances over to her desk and suddenly remembers what she was hiding in there.

She feels uneasy and glances at Toby.

"What's wrong?" Toby asks, looking up at Spencer.

"Nothing." Spencer lies.

She continues writing, but Toby is quick to say "look at me."

Spencer sighs, looking up at her now concerned boyfriend.

"You can tell me anything." He assures her.

Spencer sharply exhales out of her nose, and rolls her eyes as she sits up.

"Okay..." She says.

She prayed this wouldn't upset him.

She goes into her drawer and pulls out the scrabble board she had gotten Toby on there 1 year anniversary.

She slowly walks over to Toby, hiding the message plastered on the front.

It had only been a month since they got back together, and this was a touchy subject for the both of them.

Toby gives her a confused look.

She shows him the message, "always your girl, -S".

"When did you get this?" Toby asks, brushing his thumb over the small dent in the corner.

"I... I got that for you for out one year anniversary." Spencer admits.

Toby knew that day all too well.

"Spence.." Toby trails off, feeling a lump in his throat.

"I.. I'm sorry Toby..." Spencer softly says, moving all of her homework off the bed.

"For?" Toby questions.

"If I hadn't... If I hadn't kept so many secrets, you wouldn't have felt the need to go and.." Spencer trails off.

"Please don't apologize for something that was a stupid move on my end." Toby says, feeling tears well up in his eyes.

Spencer knew that it wasn't her fault... But she didn't want Toby to feel so bad.

"Don't beat yourself up, Toby." Spencer softly says, wiping away a tear that trickled down his face.

"Spence... I'm so so sorry.." Toby says, gently snaking his arm around her waist.

"It's so nice. Thank you." Toby adds.

Spencer sighs, brushing her thumb over the dent.

"I threw this on the ground. I went into your loft, and I threw it on the ground." Spencer admits.

Toby gulps.

"And.. And I.. There was something that was telling me to keep it.." She adds.

Spencer's mind suddenly goes back to that time of hurt. That time when she felt like the world was over.

"Can I ask you something, Toby?" Spencer asks.

Toby nods.

"Did you ever watch me?" She asks.

"I saw when you were sitting..." Toby trails off.

"On your rocking chair.. And- and you were going through.. Through our stuff." Toby admits.

"And I saw you.. In the steam shower... So I sent aria over." He admits.

"And I saw you in radley... I watched you lots in radley." He adds.

At this point, Spencer was sobbing uncontrollably into Toby's shoulder.

Toby was shaking, holding back his own tears.

Spencer pulls away from him, and doesn't hesitate to say "look at me".

"You... You're such an amazing person." Spencer softly says.

"I love you." She adds.

"And I'm not mad... I'm just happy we could finally talk about this." She says with a sad smile.

"No... I'll always feel like a bad guy." Toby whimpers.

Spencer rubs his arm very soothingly, and says "I can't change that... But I want you to know I don't think you're a bad guy. You're such an amazing person, Toby."

Toby doesn't respond, and instead, pulls her in for a passionate kiss.

She feels a rush of adrenaline course through her as Toby gently pushes her down into her mattress.

After a little while, Spencer pushes off Toby's shirt and Toby happily complies.

Spencer yanks off her own shirt, along with her pants.

Toby strips down to his boxers, and makes eye contact with Spencer as he removes her bra.

They were under the covers now. Shielding themselves from everything around them.

On that cold February afternoon, nothing, and I mean nothing could get them. Not A, nobody.