Dido

Authors notes: so 7x10 was a total shit storm. I won't say any spoilers until next week, when I'll probably write a one shot about 7x10.

Summary: Spencer tries to tell Toby she's pregnant, but something keeps getting in the way.

Two days.

Spencer had found out two days prior that she was pregnant with Toby's baby.

She wasn't sad. It wasn't exactly what they planned for, but she knew Toby wouldn't be upset.

She was gonna try and do some extraordinary surprise, but she couldn't wait any longer. Every time she talked to him, she either felt extremely excited, guilty, or anxious.

He was at work right now, but she promised herself when he came back, she would tell him.

Also, she wanted to tell other people but she wanted him to be the first... Well, second too know.

Spencer feels her heart leap when she hears someone walking towards the door to their small townhouse.

She jumps when she hears the door close and Toby groan.

Toby walks in, giving Spencer a small, weak smile.

She could tell he was grumpy.

"Hey, how was work?" Spencer asks.

Toby sighs, sitting down next to Spencer.

"You know that chick that I just hired? Receptionist?" Toby asks, referring to the receptionist to his small construction company.

"Yeah." Spencer says.

"Well, she thought I was into her, so she made a move on me. Even though our wedding pictures are hanging on the walls of my office." He groans angrily.

"I was in the lunch room and she wrapped her arms around me from behind... I immediately pushed her away, and told her if she ever tried that again, she'd be fired. I should've just fired her... Because when I got outside, she had slashed one of my tires and poured a shit ton of milkshake on the truck." Toby says.

"So I fired that bitch... Which just gave me a load of paperwork." Toby angrily says.

Spencer wasn't the type to get jealous, so Toby knew he could tell her that story and she wouldn't be angry with him.

"Aww... I'm sorry baby." Spencer says, giving Toby kisses.

"Suppers almost ready." She says with a sympathetic smile.

Spencer goes to check on the spaghetti and garlic bread, and decides to be a good wife and get Toby a bottle of beer.

She hands it to Toby.

"Thanks... I'm not angry at you, you know." Toby says, giving Spencer a hug as she sits back down next to him.

"I know." She reassures him lightly.

"What's been going on around here?" Toby asks.

Spencer desperately wanted to say 'I'm pregnant' but she knew he had a stressful day, and didn't want to add onto that.

So she would tell him tomorrow.

"Not much, school was boring as usual." Spencer huffs, referring to law school.