chapter eight

At first, Jordan thinks that Damon is joking about going on a roadtrip, so she casually replies with sure. When she realizes that Damon is actually serious her mouth falls open in shock.

"Like now? Like right now? In the present now?"

Damon rolls his eyes at the bewilderment written across her face, as if he would be joking about something like that. "In the future now. Yes, of course, in the present now, you do know the definition on now right?"

"Yes, yes, I'm not stupid," Jordan replies, "but with all that's been happening I thought it might be better if we stayed in Mystic Falls."

"Well, you thought wrong. So, are you coming willingly, or do I have to force you to accompany me?" His signature smirk sneakily slides upon his lips.

Jordan raises her eyebrow, "Oh, so I don't have a choice in this?" she asks amused.

Damon mutes his head no, and Jordan lets out an enchanted laugh that acts like music to Damon's ears. Jordan gives in easily–she secretly thinks she will enjoy the little trip away from Mystic Falls—and she follows Damon towards his striking turquoise 1969 Chevy Camaro.

When Jordan and Damon are comfortably seated in the car, Jordan decides to speak up, "So, do you know where we are going? Or is it a mystery?"

Damon smirks secretively, "It's a mystery to you."

Jordan rolls her eyes, but not before giving a small smile of content. She quickly texts her twin, saying that she's safe and staying with a friend for the day. Because knowing Elena, she is going to worry if she doesn't hear something from her.

Silence follows, and the air is laced with apologies and unasked question.

"Yes, I'm still pissed at you for murdering Lexi in cold blood, but I'm in progress of putting it behind me," Jordan breaks the silence.

Damon hums in response, but he is actually really glad that Jordan is such a forgiving human being. Jordan turns her head away from Damon, and instead presses her forehead against the window. They pass miles of trees, flower fields and just plain green, open fields. Damon never stops the car, and it makes Jordan wonder where they are going.

"We're on our way to Georgia," Damon days, making it look like he read Jordan's mind, "to do...business." The way Damon says business makes it seem like they're on a trip to murder an old acquaintance.

"Business, huh?" Jordan repeats, all the while not buying any of it. "If you say so." Jordan decides to not bother asking questions, because she knows that she will not receive straight answers anyway.

The car ride turns silent again, and Jordan is, once again, left with her thoughts. Unbeknownst to Jordan, the quirky smile that graces her lips so very often turns into a frown. Ever since her strange dream a few days ago she hasn't had any other dreams, and the main reason for that is because she stays up till the early hours trying to figure out its meaning. Jordan was never one to give such things much thought, and she usually waved them away with her hand. This dream, however, screamed importance, and Jordan figured it must somehow be connected to the gaping hole in her memories where she was supposedly spending her time in London.

Stefan told her he found nothing weird on dreams or something that even remotely connected to the one of Jordan. She, however, thinks Stefan is lying out of the kindness of his heart and that he did found something so disturbing he didn't want to scare Jordan. The previous phone call, where Jordan asked on any updates on her dream, he acted more vaguely then before as he tried to subtle dodge the subject. It obviously didn't work.

Other than leaving it alone, Jordan put all her free time into researching dreams and the supernatural. So far, every article she had read proved to be utter rubbish, and the supernatural section of the library seemed to be on vacation or something, because she could not find one helpful book.