Chapter 4: Loose Part 1

Hey guys, sorry about the wait.

I would've updated sooner, I had 5,000+ words written for this chapter. But after an incident involving my headphones and my sister, well it kind of deleted....

For some time I felt miserable that all that work went to waste, and couldn't find myself to write it again. But then I got some wonderful reviews (thanks AliciaRoseFantasy) and I got off my butt to rewrite. Here it is, I hope you enjoy!

_____

Coulson drove up to the Parker household; a small, quaint house sitting innocently in one of the friendly neighborhoods of Queens.

He nervously fixed his black tie, checked himself in the review mirror, then took a breath and got out of the car. He was just recently tasked, by Nick Fury, to be the one to deliver the bad news to May Parker concerning Peter Parker (Spider-Man), about the current, uh...condition, her nephew was in.

But, while Coulson was close to May, he still didn't want to be the one to tell her that her nephew had been attacked and is now bed-ridden in the S.H.I.E.L.D Med Bay, as a bunch of chemicals and concoctions scramble the boys' body like a bunch of whipped up eggs; not to mention the intense state of pain and the fact the Peter is becoming erratic and dangerous and –most likely - mentally unstable.

But then again, someone had to do it. Coulson figured that it'd be better for someone May knew to give her the bad news, instead of a random, official and blunt-faced Agent who May didn't know. Of course, this didn't stop Coulson from becoming anxious with nerves and repeatedly straightening his tie and smoothing his suit.

Shaking away his nerves, he walked up to the door and raised his hand to knock. But his knuckles, instead, remained hovering, just centimeters from the door and unable to go further.

May Parker, while settled with an intense, fiery attitude, was such a wonderful person. She held never-ending supply of care for others, and an even more, overwhelming sense of affection for Peter. Coulson's, himself, has faced terrorists, enemies, villains, and freaks of nature, yet he stood frozen to the spot at the thought of how this news would affect this woman.

He felt stupid for being scared of May's wrath, and ashamed to even consider not telling in hopes of sparing her the pain of the news. But who could blame him? After she officially found out Peter is Spider-Man, her mama-bear instincts grew tremendously, and Coulson was almost constantly being peppered with questions about him: His he okay? Is he hurt? Did he remember to eat before he went out? Is he wearing his scarf? Did he finish his homework before he went patrolling? Where is he? Are you keeping an eye on him Phil?

Coulson admired May, but there were only so many questions he could take.

"C'mon Phil," Coulson muttered to himself, shaking his head fervently as he paced on the porch. "Pull yourself together. It's only May. Just sweet, kind, and beautiful May – you can do this." He took another deep breath and went to knock on the door. But before he could even touch it, the door swung open roughly and May Parker herself glared at Coulson from the doorway.

"M-May!" Coulson stuttered out in both slight panic and surprise. "I – uh, how are you?"

"Get in here!" she snapped without another word. Her soft hands violently grabbed his arm and she pulled him inside. Coulson stumbled into the hallway; eyes alight with surprise from the women's aggressive behavior. But then May whirled around to face him, and Coulson looked away uncomfortable, a hand reaching up to scratch nervously at his neck.

May's eyes were ablaze with anger, but weary with aging concern. Her predatory gaze never left Coulson as she stalked toward him like a cat going for its prey. "Phil." May said slowly. "Where is Peter?"