Chapter 8: A New Plan

It was several hours since Spider-Man's been secured and confined once more, and the heroes had yet to get over their shock. Sure the remaining "Ultimates" and New Warriors sort of had an idea to what was happening, but after Spider-Man's...'transformation' they didn't know what else to expect. Was this going to happen to all of their sick friends? That, that mad sickness infecting all of their minds, and turning them into mindless beasts? It made their stomachs churn just thinking about it.

And as shocked as the teen heroes were, the Avengers did fare any better. Tony was in one of the S.H.I.E.L.D laboratories, trying to figure out what was happening, and how to stop it. But he couldn't sit still, the image of Spider-Man hissing and growling, the vicious way he attacked...Tony eventually gave up on trying sitting still, and was up pacing as he genius brain was going on overdrive.

Steve Rogers, on the other hand, sat on a chair in the debriefing room. He held his chin in his hands, face narrowed as he was stuck in deep thought as well. He would occasionally shift his position to a more comfortable one, and he would occasional run his hand through his hair and suck in a deep breath. That much raw power and strength from Spider-Man, it astounded him. Steve never realized how dangerous Spider-Man could be, and the added arms and crazed behavior certainly didn't help either.

Falcon was in the laboratory with Tony, he was examining some blood taken from Spider-Man. But his thoughts also took up what he saw, and he couldn't focus. He tried, but he'd end up looking aimlessly through his microscope, when he was actually thinking of the webs that came from Spider-Man's wrists. He was evolving, changing...mutating. It was just a matter of how, and why.

Hawkeye sat in a chair, twirling an arrow in his fingers. He didn't want to openly admit it, but that fight left him startled. He covered it up with smug smirks, and jokes. But inside, he was seriously freaked. But also angry, as much as he'd hate to say it, Spider-Man wasn't a bad kid. Annoying, definitely. But a good kid, none the less. He didn't deserve this, getting his mind torn from his control, and morphing into a malicious creature. None of the infected kids did. Hawkeye remembered his times when he was younger and struggling too. He could relate to these kids, and he really irked him to know someone out there was intentionally hurting them.

Black Widow was in one of the training rooms, fighting a group of LMD's posing as familiar villains she's fought. There was Dracula, Absorbing Man, Doctor Doom, and Red Skull. Black Widow was a highly trained former-assassin, she could handle stressful, and shocking situations perfectly fine. But this, whoever did this to just kids, really needed a giant sized punch in the face. And Black Widow would be glad to be the one to deliver it. She might have been an assassin before, but she wasn't heartless. She had emotions. And right now, she was feeling really angry.

Hulk was leaning against the wall, arms folded. He was glaring at anyone who would dare make eye contact with him, as he worked on controlling that familiar burning anger that kept rising. Spider-Man was a friend of his; the kid helped him, and didn't think of him as a mindless, rage monster. Heck, Spider-Man took him under his roof when Hulk had been attacked by those weird alien, drone things. Hulk had stayed out of the fight, because he didn't want to accidently hurt Spider-Man more than he was. But after seeing the footage, Hulk wished he could have been there. Maybe he could've pinned Spider-Man down, and tried to talk some sense into him-just like Spider-Man had done for him so many times before.

As the Avengers thoughts, and fought similar feelings, the teen heroes checked on Agent Venom as he was examined by an S.H.I.E.L.D medic. Agent Venom was still coughing roughly, and grimacing while rubbing his aching throat. His venom mask was down, revealing the flinching face of Flash. Angry bruises were already blossoming his neck, in the shape of fingers.

Once the medic finished looking him over, he concluded that Flash had a minor concussion, a few broken ribs, a sprained wrist, as well as his injured throat. "You are to rest Agent Venom," the doctor ordered, "Don't move too much, and try not to talk a lot. Okay?"