Chapter 25: Prisoners Again (Part 3)

Previously on Animal Instincts: Infected Humanity:

Hulk faced Spider as well, and his face went slack "Oh no."

Spider was back in a defensive position, his body rigid with alert tension. All of his eyes were blow wide, his pinchers quivered threateningly, poison was dripping heavily from his fangs and forming a puddle at Spider's feet, his arms were hoisted up again and his fur was raised on end.

Spider growled deep and powerfully. They were threats, both of them. Hulk was merely trying to trick Spider until his loud friend arrived. Spider felt stupid for falling for it.

No, no its not what you think! He was just-

Spider hissed so harshly that Peter went quiet immedianly. "Spidey, come on, stay with me." Hulk urged. "I'm just trying to help."

Help! Ugh! That was it, Spider had enough! Red crossed his vision; Spider felt blind with rage. His claws dug into the metal on the ground, easily slicing through it. Spider boosted himself forward with an ear-splitting howl and raced to the two threats.

This ended now!

Chapter 25: Prisoners Again (Part 3)

Thor blocked a punch from Spider, stumbling back a few centimeters before forcing the arachnid away with a calloused push. Hulk made a mad grab for him, but Spider slipped easily out of his grasp and kicked the giant, green monster in the face with enough force to knock him back a ways away.

Hulk groaned in agitation as one hand flew up to hold his nose, "Rggg! That hurt!" he grunted. Spider flipped away from Hulk and landed in front of Thor. The Asgardian raised his hammer in time to block another strike from Spider's talons, and then hit the arachnid squarely in the chest, sending Spider flying back into a wall.

"Hulk, what is going on?" Thor demands, offering a hand to help the green goliath back to his feet, "When I left for Asgard, Midgard was in a state of peace. I come back, and suddenly S.H.I.E.L.D and the Avengers are in chaos. I couldn't have been gone that long."

Hulk sneered at him, "Not gone long huh?" he snapped. "You've been gone for months Goldilocks, we've been dealing with this issue here," Hulk gestured to Spider, who was recovering from the mighty hit of Mjolnir, "For roughly two months now." Thor rubbed his chin thoughtfully, eyes flicking back to the dizzy arachnid, "Hmm, is that truly the Man of Spiders?"

"Spidey?" Hulk questioned. "Yeah, it is."

"What happened to hi-" but Thor was cut off by a shriek and suddenly he was tackled to the ground, with Mjolnir knocked away. Spider perched on top of Thor, four arms reaching down to restrain the Asgardian's own arms, as the other two punched him in the face repeatedly.

Spider was able to get a couple good hits in before Hulk grabbed him around the middle and pried Spider off. "Agh, you're right." Thor grunted, rubbing his beaten face. "He does pack quite a powerful punch." But Hulk was too busy to hear him, as Spider slipped out of his grip again and slithered across Hulk's body.

"Agh! Hey, get back here you little-" Hulk started, but then he felt a long, sharp slash across his back, as Spider raked his talons across the green flesh. Hulk shouted and tried reaching behind himself to force Spider off of him, but Spider remained out of reach, still slashing as much skin as he could. "Get him off! Get him off!" Hulk yelled at Thor, spinning around frantically and trying to shake the arachnid from his back.

But Spider remained stuck to the giants as he repeatedly slashed and cut. Thor made a mad grab for one of Spiders arms, but then Hulk accidentally hit the Asgardian away as he flailed some more. "Ugh, Hulk stop moving." Thor shouted. "I can't reach him when you flail and fight like a –" but Thor was, once again, cut off as Hulk finally managed to grab Spider an arm and roughly threw him off, wincing as he shifting his wounded back.