The new jobs?

Fang hugged mom back.

"I told uncle Charlie but he didn't believe me, he thought it was a copping mechanism for Evan's suppose death. I didn't want to get your hopes up, I'm sorry." I rubbed my arm as I looked away in shame.

After telling mom all that had happened and how we still needed to finish the quest.

"Wait, so both of you are in danger." Mom let out a breath of air. "I guess it can't be helped." Mom stood up and got two pieces of jewelry; a bracelet and a necklace.

"Percy, this bracelet was passed down from my great grandfather to my grandmother who gave it to my uncle Richard, who in turn gave it to me before dying. I want you to have it." She handed the leather cord to me. Hieroglyphics were written on them.

"Ra damn it. Why this of all things?"

"Evan, I-I always wanted to give you this to you. My mother handed this to me the last time I saw her. My mother always told me it would protect me, and she was right. Every time I was in trouble I would always come out unharmed. I want you to hold this until it's your turn to hand it to your child, same goes to you Percy." Mom smiled and kissed us both in the forehead.

"Now, I want you two to be safe, I know the rest of you need to go," mom motioned to the flock as they were eating the cookies. "Evan, you have my blessing. Percy, take care of them. Leo, I'll call your mother and tell her about the two of you."

I smiled as she gave each of us a hug. "Bye mom!" Fang and I yelled as we ran towards the door, the flock waving at my mortal family.

"Thank you." I smiled as Fang touched the necklace.

"What's that sound?" Iggy asked, concentrating. "It's music. Is there music below us? How could we hear it, way up here?"

Central Park was huge, I should know, we had a war near it. At one end, in a clearing, I could see an enormous crowd of people. Huge floodlights were shining over them.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about the concert the Taylor twins were going to have today, Friday, and Saturday. Good thing it's getting close to Christmas." I replied to them as their heads snapped down to the crowd.

"Oh, so cool! Can we go? Please, Max, please? A real concert! And it's the Taylor twins!"

The park was pretty dark. There were hundreds of thousands of people down there. This could be our advantage if we face Erasers.

"Sure/ Yes." Max and I both answered. "Try to come down right behind a floodlight's beam, so we won't be seen.

We landed silently among a group of thick-trunked oaks. After a quick head count, Leo led the way, being the oldest, as the flock folded their wings and I made mine dissolve.

I looked to see the others having fun until I felt someone's hands on my arm. I turned to see a woman in a professional outfit.

"You're late." Excuse me?
I listened as the music was about to end, the woman dragged me behind stage.

"You are the new star singer, right?"

"Uh--perfect, what's your name kid?--Percy Jackson, but---well get on stage." I saw pushed to one of the twins, Natalie Taylor I believe.