08

7:07a.m.
I wake up and immediately sit straight up,
"I'm gonna be late for scho-."
I stop mid sentence as I realize that I'm not at my house.
I look around and see that beside me lies a shirtless Josh sleeping.
"what even happened?"
I reach over josh and grab the remote off of the nightstand and turn on the t.v.
"two young men were seen yesterday robbing the local grocery store. One of them were armed and killed the cashier. the other we are assuming has been taken hostage."
They then show a low quality picture of josh as I running out of the store. I gasp and try to scoot myself backwards and end up falling onto the floor with a loud thud.
"Oh my god, tyler are you okay?" Josh leans over the bed with his eyes half lidded. I start to hyperventilate and panic.
"I-i have to get out of here. I ha-have to go home." Tears start streaming down my face as my breathing becomes uneven.
Josh gets out of the bed and starts to walk towards me and I scoot backwards, "don't come near me!" I screech. Pain flashes behind his eyes as he reaches down and easily scoops me up. I start to flail and squirm but his grip on me is too tight so I stop and start to cry. He sits on the edge of the bed with me in his lap and starts to rub patterns into my back.
"sshhh, Tyler. you said you'd trust me." I start to calm down and wipe my eyes.
"Josh, what are we gonna do? They're looking for you! They think I'm a hostage. Yo-you killed someone."
He continues to rub my back a shush me.
"Tyler, its going to be okay. Ive been doing this for a long time."
An unsettling feeling begins to grow in the pit of my stomach.
"We're gonna leave later and be back on the road."
I start to breath normally again,
"Josh, why'd you take me with you?"
he bites his lip.
"I was planning on leaving the state soon anyway. the cops had been looking for me and were getting closer. And I'd been in Ohio for a long time and I hadn't planned on that. I hadn't planned on staying for so long.
but i also hadn't planned on falling for you either. Ive known you for a while, Tyler. Ive seen you around. Ive always been fairly local. you've just never seen me."
I sigh from exhaustion and hide my face into joshs shoulder before falling asleep again and all I hear before I finally go out is josh whispering,
"I'm sorry, tyler. I truly am."