Payphone

Tobias

I take off my light blue button up dress shirt. Leaving me in my tan pants and white tanktop, with my glasses still on as well.

Shit! Hopefully my phone still works. I grab it out of my pocket and pat it down, trying to get it to work. Please work, please work. Eventually I give up and throw it into the burning flames of the red and black, stolen car.

Great, now how am I suppose to call her? I spot an old, broken down, rickety payphone and walk up to it. This thing looks like it's been through hell and back. I step inside and look at it for a second. Maybe it still works. Then I reach into my pocket to get a quarter.

When I find one I put it in, dial a certain number and wait.

Earlier that day

I'm in my office building, Erudite Industries. Right now I'm sitting at my desk, trying to finish a report. This is going to take forever to complete. I take my glasses off and put them down, due to the fact I have been typing for hours. Just a small break, that's all I need. Then I run my fingers through my dark brown hair in frustration. I listen to the ring of phones and clicks of computer keyboards.

But I realize after a moment I have to get back to work unless I want to get fired.

Why did I pick this type of career? I sigh. Then pick my glasses up again to put them back on. I start to shuffle through a few papers on my hard wood desk and bite on my pen. Every now and then I'll get a phone call and answer it, dealing with the other person on the line. When I finish, I put the phone back down again.

This is very boring. I rest my elbow down ontop of my desk, making a fist with my hand, and rest my chin inside of my palm. I look around and spot the usual security guard in his blue officer attire, a women with light colored hair in a ponytail who I believe is Susan Black.

Stop procrastinating Tobias! I push my glasses up and get back to work.

Back to the payphone

She finally picks up...I start talking and take off my glasses.

Earlier at the office again

I see Tris walking from across the room with a clipboard in her hands. As she walks by, she passes up my desk without a single glance in my direction. She is wearing a dark gray suit with a matching pencil skirt, a white button up, black buckled heels, and her glasses with her golden blonde hair in a bun. She's so beautiful. Always has been and always will be.

Tris Prior, my ex-girlfriend due to my stupidness and idiocy. I loved-no-I love her.

We had been dating for a while and something happened. Then we had gotten into an argument over something that I'd rather not think about right now.

I'm so desperate to get her back. Its pathetic really. How much I feel like I need her. I would do anything for her. Protect her, love her, and call her mine. I did have that, then I screwed it up.

All of a sudden I hear, "GET DOWN!" I look up to see a bunch of men in black uniforms, with either a white hat or white scarf on, carring guns and big black sacks.

They come in and knock down the security guard. One of them fires up in the air while there is chaos everywhere filled with womens' screams.

Everyone drops down to the floor, myslef included. I sit down and try to relax my breathing to clam myslef down. I know one thing, and one thing only that I'm worried about.