.:26:.

I was so relieved that Danielle was finally gone. She was fake, manipulative and simply a bitch. I could not stand her since the beginning and I was happy to not have to deal with her anymore.

What she said to Vic hit him harder than I thought. I had experienced my fair share of homophobia. Never in school, but sometimes when I would go out with Kevin (which did not happen a lot as whatever went on between us was to be kept strictly within his house and what we had was not a boyfriend kind of relationship anyway). Vic was not used to it. Hell, I doubted he was even LGBT+. He was straight, but it seemed like he had a soft spot for me. Or, well, for my body. But that was alright because I liked his body too.

Back to the point, he did not have any experience with these kinds of comments so, when Dani lashed out at him, I could see this helpless look in his eyes. As if he was a child who just got slapped in the face. He looked like he had no idea what to do and was questioning himself.

Vic seemed like a guy who would beat up someone if they insulted him, no matter their gender or race. But Danielle's comment was something completely different: a personal attack and he certainly was not expecting it. 'Who you are is disgusting' is very different from 'your hair is ugly'.

Dani had been gone for three days now and, during those three days Vic barely left his room. He did not have any contact with the pets, but I saw him at school a few times and he looked painfully sad. This just made me want to smack that redheaded bitch to another planet.

The day had been a slow one and I was so worried about Vic that I decided to talk to him. I was probably the last person he wanted to speak to but, now that the girls' place in his house was not threatened anymore, they wanted to tread lightly for the time being. I did not have much to lose anyway. I wasn't even sure if I was officially back with Vic. Well, back as in the sex way, not the relationship way. Although, with how sweet he could be, that did not seem like such an awful idea. After all, he did call me his 'only exception'.

"Vic?" I quietly said his name, after knocking on his bedroom door and opening it when I got no answer. The man looked up from his place on the bed. He sat there, cross-legged with some folders out in front of him.

"Oh, hi," he greeted with an obviously forced smile. He gathered the papers of the bed and set them to the side. I did not bother asking what they were, assuming that it was just schoolwork.

"Are you okay?" I asked politely, stepping inside and closing the door behind me. I moved slightly further into the room, standing closer to the bed

"Yep," Vic nodded, "everything is just fabulous."

"Ugh, shut up," I snapped, annoyed.

"Excuse me?" Vic was taken aback by my words.

"You're obviously not okay, so come here and hug me like a man," I demanded sternly, pointing to the floor by my feet with an expectant expression.

The expression on Vic's face showed hesitance and confusion but, at the same time, he looked like he really needed it. With a sigh, he slipped off the bed and wondered over to me, allowing me to wrap my arms around him. Vic laid his head on my shoulder and his hands encircled my waist.

"Is this about what the Mango Menace said?" I asked knowingly.

Vic took a while to reply but, when he did, it was a simple nod of his head.

"Do you want me to beat her up?"

This time, Vic shook his head, "You won't be able to."

"I can try."

"You'll get hurt."

"I don't care."

"But I do."

"What?"

"Kellin."

"Vic," I mimicked, copying the warning tone to his voice.

"You can't beat up Danielle, and that's final." I could tell by the tone of his voice that this is the last we would speak of it.

We stood in silence for a while, just holding each other. I strongly believed that Dani deserved to have the shit beaten out of her but, if Vic did not want that, then I would not do it. I did not want to go against his wishes.

"If I'm not allowed to beat her up, can I at least shove my legs up her-?"

"No."

"But-"

"Stop being so immature."

"Fine."

"Really?"

"No!" I exclaimed with a giggle and I was pretty sure that Vic chuckled a bit too, mainly at our stupidity.

The boy in my arms pulled back a bit, revealing his face to me. I could tell that his features had brightened a bit and I was happy to have brought a smile to his lips. His eyes still looked pained, but significantly less than before. I loved seeing him gradually get happier.

"What Dani said was fucking cowardly but she probably didn't even mean it, she was just mad at us. You're not any worse for liking boys, even if it's just one boy. It's completely insane that some people still think so - like come on it's 2016 fam - but don't listen to a word they say. You're still human and they can't take that away from you, just because of who you like. You're amazing," I smiled warmly, "please remember that and don't let one stupid word take it away from you."

That was very spontaneous of me, but I had recalled some words that my mother said to me when I came out to her. She was fine with it, but knew that some people would not be, so she felt obligated to tell me that, although half of the world might hate me, the other half still thinks of me as a normal person who is worth just as much as everyone else. And I felt like Vic needed this reminder right now.

We both just stared into each other's eyes for a while, neither looking away. I found myself melting under his gaze. It was like everything around us froze and we were the only ones able to move when, all of a sudden, Vic's eyes fluttered shut while he leaned forward and pressed his warm lips against mine.

This kiss was something different, something special. When we kissed, it was usually fast and rough. This time though, it was innocent but passionate and I never wanted it to stop.

Vic and I had sex all the time, but I had never felt closer to him than I did now.

Our lips moved together sweetly, until Vic pulled away. As much as I wanted him to carry on, I was relieved because I desperately needed air. We still held each other at arm's length, before we both burst into laughter. I had no idea why this was so hilarious. Maybe I just wanted to laugh, or maybe it was because of the butterflies in my stomach. But, either way, I wanted Vic to be happy and, right now, he seemed as happy as can be.