Werewolves

How come in all stories, the main character is a pureblood werewolf? Now, you might be confused, so I'll give a summary of werewolves. Please keep in mind that I am not an expert.

Pureblood werewolves: These are the werewolves you see in most books and TV shows. Pureblood wolves are usually, and most likely, born with werewolves in their bloodline/family. (E.g. Having werewolf parents, grandparents, etc.) These werewolves can turn into a wolf at will, meaning they have control over themselves. Pretty much an animagus.

Regular werewolves: These werewolves only turn into a wolf when there's a full moon. (E.g. Remus Lupin) They usually, and most likely, have been bitten by another werewolf. These wolves have no control over themselves and have two personalities; the first one being their normal human personality, and the second being their wolf personality. Some characteristics may stick. After they go back to their human form, they have no memory of they did as a wolf.

WHOOO SORRY FOR THE LONG SUMMARY BUT I HAD TO GET IT OUT THERE.

Anyway, most books have the main character a pureblood werewolf and never a regular one. It's always something like.

Omg it's my 16th birthday and my parents told me I'm a werewolf!1!1!1!

Even if the main character was bitten, they somehow learn how to control themselves in like two seconds. Like why not stretch it out throughout the book? Maybe at the end he/she finally knows how to control themselves. Heck, it takes a long time to get used to being a strange mythical creature.