Intercourse

WARNING: IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THIS CERTAIN TOPIC, PLEASE SKIP THIS CHAPTER! AGAIN, IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH MENTIONS OF INTERCOURSE, PLEASE SKIP THIS CHAPTER!

◊ ◊ ◊  

I don't know if it's just me, but whenever I see a book that I know is going to be cringy and is written by an obsessed fangirl, I still read it just to see how bad it is. As I continue reading I finally reach the most dreaded part: the intercourse. It deeply concerns me when kids my age and younger have intercourse scenes in their books, especially if the characters are underaged. I can't even count how many books I've decided to read just for the laughs where a 16 y/o girl is doing it with Harry Styles or Liam Payne or another boy band (not all at the same time, although that would be even more disturbing.) It's way worse when it's an Adopted By (insert name) fanfiction or teacher x student.

You might be thinking that I'm a hypocrite for ranting about this when I myself shouldn't know what all this is, but let's face it, Urban Dictionary will always have your back. I, myself, am not comfortable with adding an intercourse scene because I've never written one before and I don't know what it's like (of course I don't, I'm 13.)

When I see a 10 y/o writing an intense scene like that, it's usually either badly written where the two characters are having a wild badger makeout session or it's really detailed to the point where it's more of an erotica than an actual story. 

If you're going to write a scene like that for your novel, it should be 80% emotion and 20% physical actions. Describe what the characters are feeling, not anatomically, but don't make it too detailed. Avoid using metaphors because those end up being really confusing. Stick to the basics, plain and simple. The scene shouldn't last a whole chapter. There should be the buildup, the actual scene, and then the ending. The part where they do the deed should be a few paragraphs and that's it. As an author, you need to keep the readers in mind, not just what you prefer. You need to acknowledge that some people aren't used to reading scenes like that, so not everyone might enjoy that certain part.

Do research if you need to, it helps. Don't make assumptions, you need to know what you're writing about in order to make it realistic. 

Another thing that bothers me is the sounds that are written out. The characters don't need to vocalize things, it can all be added in through the details. Again, it's concerning when kids feel the need to write out every little pant or something else that the characters are saying. Just don't, don't even write the scene in the first place if you're that young.

◊ ◊ ◊  

QOTD: Favorite actor/actress? (whereas the last QOTD was fave celebs in general) I have a lot of favorite actors and most of them are from TV shows since I don't watch a lot of movies.