Powers

The thing about powers is that some characters are just too overpowered. It's incredibly strange and annoying to read about a character who's stronger than Superman and Supergirl combined, much faster than The Flash, and had all powers in the world while also being a famous hero's sibling (e.g. Batman's sister). Also, some people give characters wayyy too many gadgets to the point where it just seems like they have actual powers, although, it is possible to have both.

For example, in Arrow, Laurel Lance uses her sister's sonic device then upgrades to the Canary Cry, which is a sort of necklace thing that gives her the ability to have a sonic scream. Now, this is one character that is well written. Although Laurel doesn't have actual powers, the Canary Cry makes it seems like she does. But for us Wattpad writers, if a character already has very strong powers, it's unnecessary to give them a ton of gadgets, unless it's for an acceptable reason such as an earpiece.

What I suggest is that if you want to write a strong character, give them a weakness. Another example is The Flash, who's weakness is cold temperatures, which slows him down. If you have any questions, leave them in the comments below!