Chapter 3

Tired. I'm really tired. All I wanted to do is to stay in my bed, but the urgent knocking on the door set me into a panic. I rolled to my side, expecting only my feet to touch the floor. On the midway of falling, I stick out my elbow to prevent my face from getting hit. Unsuccessful. My forehead hit the wooden floor with a load bang. I groan. Not only my forehead, but my right elbow too. 

Undoing the knot of a blanket that's stuck to my legs, I quickly stood up and run for the door. I knew right at the beginning it isn't my father. He would just barge in and make his presence known loudly. And painfully.

I opened the door widely, revealing the Pack's Beta. Matt give me a small smile, showing his cheeks' wrinkles. His eyes are on high alert. He's my father's best bud, but a year younger. Like my brother, he's kind to me. Like my brother, he can't do anything to stop the abuse I'm recieving. But unlike my brother, he becomes a coward when my father glares at him, just like everyone else. So much for being a Beta. So much for being a Pack.

"What is wrong?" I hurriedly ask.

"It's past your schedule, Raven. Hurry up before the Alpha get down."

I turn my head, looking past my shoulder getting the view of my clock by my bedside. and surely it's eight in the morning. Way too late. Very late. I should be awake at quarter to six, people would be gobbling their breakfast at about seven. Shit, did Ann did all the cooking? Well, fuck.

"Thank you for waking me up, Matt!" I smiled thankfully at him, nodding and closing the door. I hurried out of my pajamas, grabbing another legging, a tank top, and yesterday's pullover. Putting the white watch I brought five months ago, I exited my room, hoping to find Ann and apologize.

I found her sweeping the stairs, and I hurry, careful not to slip. I reach the last 3 steps, "Ann, I'm really sorry!" She look up and flashes me a smile. Strands of hair are sticking to her forehead. It's either hot or she did all the work. Or both.

"It's really ok, Raven. In the first place, you shoulnd't dirty your hands"

I shake my head rapidly, "I'm really sorry, did you do all the work?"

She shake her head this time, "No, but I know you'll be taking off that pullover of yours soon."

"I'll take over from here, you rest."

"But-"

"You must rest, you get tired too, you know." I know she's tired, she doesn't show it. When she clean, she shows too much energy. But her eyes. Everytime I look at hey eyes, they are pleading to me. Pleading to take a rest, to have a break. Ann never listen to her body, but I know she will listen to me. Because even if I'm hated by my father, I'm still his daughter. The Alpha's daughter. I still have autoroties to order people. I once asked for help cooking, but they being sellfish, they told my father. I got slap in my face twice, and locked up in my room for two days. I never use my authorothies to other people, but Ann. It will benifit her, but I don't want her thinking she owes me something.

She hesitantly nods her head, "But if you need help, don't think twice about calling me."

I smile at her, "You've done more than enough for now."

I grab the broom from her hand, and nodded at her when she didn't make a move. She went upstairs, and I waited until I heard the closing of her door.

Finished with brooming, I notice I'm sweating. It's really hot today. I thought it would be cold since yesterday was. Mother nature is so bipolar. I didn't take off my pullover, as much as I want to. I don't want people thinking I'm showing off the bruises in my arms to get pity. To get attention, because her daddy hates her now. I didn't need to do much, since Ann had done the rest.

I went back to my room, making my bed. I kick off my shoes and jumped to my bed. So much effort for making it tidy.

I grab my phone from the night table, finind it blinking. Five missed calls from my best friend. I said I will call her yesterday. Oops. She had also left me 35 messages. This woman is wasting money. She's freaking spoiled, but I don't mind. She's my best friend I will support her to anything she does. But when she told me she found her mate and she would move to his pack, I ignored her until she left. She's just at the neighboring country, but the distance is like from Earth to the Moon. Her anxious mate of an Alpha rarely let her out without him. What the fu-

Suddenly my phone started ringing, cutting me off from my internal cussing.

"Alice?"

She growled, "Who the heck is Alice? Did you have  someone to replace me, Raven Williams?"

"Oh, it's you," I joke and laugh when I hear her gasp.

"Oh my go- I would murder anyone who tries to stop me from murdering you!"

"Are you on your period, Jessie?"

"Who the fuc- Oh it's me. I'm Jessie, shit, you're giving me an amnesia."

"Or you're just getting old." I said simply, smiling as I wait fot her outburst

I heard her gasp and said a chain of curse words. She's probably looking at herself in the mirror, "Am not!" She yelled. Really loud. Through the phone.

I cringe at her loud voice, "Ouch! You're miles away from me and you still managed to hurt me."

She giggles like a highschool girl, "Let's fix it with a kiss, baby," she said seductively and I replied by my making disgusted sounds.

"Andrew is looking at me like I'm cheating on him."

"As much as I want you here, I wouldn't hit it off with you. Ew, gross, nasty, bleh!"

Suddenly, all humor was shut off. Even talking through the phone, the atmospehere in my room turned upside down.

"Come here, Raven. Live here. Andrew is more willing to take you into his pack."

I shake my head, and then realizing I'm on the phone, "No, Jess, I can't just leave."

"Raven, your own father is abusing you! No one can do a thing! You have a valid reason to leave the Pack, Raven. I feel uneasy when my best friend is getting hurt!"

"Jessie-"

"NO! You must come, and that's final! We're picking you up on your birthday." Beep. Beep. Beep

Stubborn. Really. A bitch. Seriously.

Suddenly, I feel restless and anxious. Thinking it was only the heat, I fan myself with the pullover I'm wearing. Someone knock on the door, stopping me from my panting session. It's not hot anymore, it's cold. Really?

The door burst open. What's the point of knocking?

"Hi." My brother greeted.

I feel myself getting hot again. What the heck? Are my hormonse running a race or what?

My brother came at the wrong time. What's more worse that figuring out your sibling is horny? But no, it's not my hormonse. When pain shot through my body like a truck fell on me, and I hear the cracking of bones, I'm more than thankful. My brother came at the right time.

^^^^^^^^^^

Many things are being change in the story CX but the ending will stay the same.