Chapter 16

RAVEN

I clenched my fist, feeling my strength come back. My body felt normal, and  I was more than ready to do something else than lay around. Though, the doctor said otherwise.

What I want to do or what I was supposed to do, I did not know. I forgot what it felt like to have the freedom to do what I want. Being able to have the privilege to open my arms wide was unfamiliar to me. It took me a long time to realize that I was a free wolf, that I no longer have the chains on my neck. Free but lost.

The pack members were wary of us, but they remained friendly. They have helped Ann and me a lot and have been accepting. I was informed that we were finally free to roam the city unwatched, and have been given a room on one of the apartments at the end of the city. It was a big step, but I was thankful. When was the last time I saw Ann smile so much?

Have I ever seen her smile so much?

Ann held my hand as she opened the door to our shared apartment. The excitement never left her face as she showed me the already furnished rooms. It wasn't that grand, but for us, it was the best.

'We even have our own rooms!' She exclaimed, leading me, to what I believe, my room.

At the side of the room was a tidily made bed, and beside stood a lamp. There wasn't much, but there were a mirror and a dresser. The sun shoots its light through the window, bathing the bed in sunlight.

'We were given some money until we are able to find a job,' she said. 'Let's get a job, Raven! A job!'

I squeezed Ann's tiny hand, 'yes, let's do.'

There were a lot of feelings inside me, that I didn't even notice the first tear that escaped my eye. I pulled Ann towards me, engulfing her in a tight hug. 'I can't believe it,' I said, my voice unable to be louder than a whisper. 'Are we awake?' I asked.

She pulled away from me, then pinched my cheeks. A gasped left my mouth, and she crossed her hands. 'Did that felt like a dream?'

I shook my head, letting out a small laugh. 'I guess not,' I said.

We spent most of the time staring at our brand new home in awe, looking at every corner. So much time was wasted that we decided to go out and spend some of the money that was given to us.

We bought ourselves new, fresh clothes, and some food to stock our fridge. We did not buy much as we spend most of the time following the paths and getting to know the new place. While figuring out the way back, we stumble upon Brandon who was holding a cup full of tea. Somehow, he looked annoyed.

'You're not supposed to be up and walking, you know,' he said, not bothering to greet us.

I just shrugged at him, 'so, what's up with you?'

He groaned, 'what a hassle. The brat of a princess sent me to an errand to get her a cup of tea, which she can easily make at home!' He ranted. 'What's the fucking difference?'

'It's paid and made by someone else,' I answered him, which fueled his annoyance.

'Mind if we follow you?' Ann asked. 'There are just so many new scents, we can't trace our way back.'

He shrugged in response and continued walking in the same direction. We followed behind, and in short time, we arrived at a more familiar place. We yelled goodbye to Brandon who was walking ahead, but he just ignored us. Maybe I saw a wave?

Once we reached our apartments, we dropped our bags and made a beeline to our bedrooms. I let myself fall on the soft bed. I inhaled the strong scent of the sun that remained on the bedsheets. The sky was orange, birds flew across the sky, and the wind whistles as it passed through my opened window. And as seconds past, my lid felt heavier. Slowly, I was sound asleep.

×××

hello smexies ...

short chapter and a boring one, but i just wanted to drop an update at least. i've been very busy and have no time to write, but holiday is coming and hopefully, i can have a steady schedule :D

stay smexy!