Chapter 13

Temporary cover />w>/ it's shit ik

■■■■■■■■■■■■

The constant knocking on our door woke us up. We groaned at the interruption.  Ann sat up, still in a sleepy state. I dragged my feet to the door, opening it to be greeted by a young girl. A teenager. She looked at me with a mischievous smile. "Good morning!" She exclaimed, walking past me and entering the room.

I quickly followed, now fully awake. "Um, excuse me, who are you?"

She glanced at me, face contorting into a bored expression, "Me? I'm Hilly, the Alpha's sister. Anyway, I came to bring you clothes," she explained, pointing at the backpack behind her. She set the bag on my bed, unpacking the clothes. "What are your names?"

"I'm Raven and that's Ann," I said, pointing at Ann still sitting on the bed with eyes closed. "Excuse her, she's very exhausted."

Hilly shrugged, "It's alright. I don't really mind." She turned to me once she emptied the bag, "You guys hurry and shower. We're gonna go and grab breakfast then." I nodded at her, still cautious.

I went to Ann and shook her awake, "Ann you go shower first." She groaned before unwillingly standing up. Hilly handed her the clothes, an amused look was plastered on here face.

"Wow, she's like zombie!" She exclaimed as she comfortably sat on my bed.

I sat on Ann's side of the bed, nodding with a smile. "Yeah, it has been too long since we had a good night sleep."

She remained silent, deep in thoughts. "So. . ." She finally spoke, "how old are you?"

"I just turned 20."

She gave me a wide smile, clasping her hands together, "Oh! When?"

I scratched the back of my head, "Uh, today?"

Hilly's eyes widened, "No way! Wow, being caught and having guards watch you isn't really the best birthday." I just shrugged, "There are things worse happening I can't even bother to be sad. Besides, birthdays doesn't excite me as much now."

Just on cue, Ann came out of the bathroom, a towel was around her shoulder, preventing her clothes from getting wet from her wet hair. "It's your turn, Raven!" Ann said with a smile. She walked over to sit beside me as I stood up, taking the clothes that Hilly was handing to me. As I closed the door, I could hear the two starting a conversation.

The warm water soothed my skin, but the healing wounds still stung. I massaged my head as I sighed in relief. My muscle was more relaxed. Once I got out of the shower, I unfolded the clothes. I was given undergarments, hoping they would fit me, but it would do. It has to. There were also a pair of pants, a white t-shirt, and a grey jacket.

The undergarments were a little tight, but they did the job. The shirt was a little big, so I tucked it inside the pants. I wore the jacket, leaving it unzip. I also decided to wear the socks from yesterday. It was better than going sock-less. It's not like they stunk. They just smell like how a normal sock would smell?

I tried my best to dry my hair with the towel before going back to the out. Opening the door, I was greeted by the sight of two girls laughing.

"Looks good!" Hilly complimented, "I brought the clothes that are too big for me, so you guys can keep them. I thought you guys would be bigger, so I'm glad they fit!" She then stood up. "Then, let's go. Eat! Eat!" She announced, being the most excited.

She took us at a restaurant, told us to order what we want as she ordered what she wants. She was one hungry wolf. "Order what you want. It's my treat!"

"What, no! You're like, a high schooler? That doesn't sit right with me. We have money, it's fine." Ann nodded, agreeing at my statement.

Hilly smiled, "It's fine, okay? My brother is like, rich, you know? My allowance is pretty over the top. Just for today let me treat you guys, alright?" She gave us a pleading smile, and we couldn't say no at the look she was giving us.

By the time the food came, we engaged in another conversation.

"By the way, if you are the Alpha's sister, how could he let you alone with like, two rogues?" I asked out of curiosity. It was weird. Normally, Alpha's are very protective. Then I see the underage sister of the Alpha knocking on the hotel door.

"oh," she said laughing. As she calmed down, she sent a wink at us, "that's because he doesn't know." My eyes widened at her statement. The three of us could've gotten in trouble. Though it wouldn't take long before we got found out.

As if the heavens has heard me, the blondie from yesterday came rushing in the restaurant. The panic in his eyes quickly disappearing as his eyes landed on us. He came rushing to us, an angry frown visibly show on his face. "Hilly, what do you think you're doing?"

Before we had the chance to speak, he spoke, voice filled with panic, "hurry up, stand up you all!" He left the cash on the table, rushing us to the exit. We watched him as he looked left and right, as if we were about to get attacked in any minute.

"What's wrong, Brandon?" Hilly asked. The look on his face worried us.

"Rogue attack," was the last thing he said before he lead us into the forest.

■■■■■■■■■■■■

Comment your book to get a chance of getting a shout out next chapter :)

The only rules are:

-You can only recommend one book at a time (per chapter/week).
-You can only comment until Thursday. (comments made in Friday will not count)

I will read the books and decide which one will be featured. If your book doesn't get chosen, don't worry, you could always try again :)

(Note that the books commented on the recent chapter will be the only ones considered)

Also, I'm not trying to be anything big, I merely want to help writers that are new or starting a new book :)