Chapter 7

Fifteen minutes before midnight. Before I turn 20. I sit on my bed patiently. My brother said he will be here.

Knocks on the door causes me to srand up. And I just stood there like an idiot realizing they won't come in unless I opened the door.

And I did.

And I regreted it an instance.

But my wolf say otherwise.

"Alpha Hendricks?" I give him a frown.

"Call me Xavier," he smiles at me, "and may I come in?"

"Y- yes, of course," I stutter. Something about him makes me really nervous. Is it because he's my
mate? Or the fact that he is an Alpha?

I close the door behind us, feeling extremley nervous to be alone with my mate.

Then he did the unexpected. He removes his white shirt, and I did my best to stop my eyes from popping out.

He has his back turned away from me. "A- uhm, Xavier?" I saw him stiffen and he clears his throat.

"I'm so sorry, Raven," he apologised, leaving my confused. Then he turned around and I just can't help but stare. Right where his neck meets the shoulder is a marking. He has been marked, not by me, but by someone else.

He sat on my bed, defeated. He use his hands to support his head. He look troubled, I want to comfort him, but I can't move. Because I, too is very troubled

"I'm mated, Raven. I... I don't know what to do!" He sighs in frustration.

But I know. I know what's going to happen next. I want to run away from him, but I seem to be glued to my spot.

"You don't? Why don't we make this fast and easy?" I said looking anywhere but him.

Acting tough now, are we?

"Raven?"

I didn't look at him. I just look to my right with my hands crossed.

"Raven, please look at me," he plead. But I can't do what he says. I'll break.

He's going to reject me. Of course, like everyone did. Everyday thing.

Saying these things to myself didn't comfort me. They made me feel worse.

Then I hear his footsteps coming towards me. I can feel my heart speeding up. I can feel his hot beath on me. I couldn't resist. So I turned around, coming face to face with the dark blue eyes that are staring at me. And the next thing I knew, his lips are on mine. He's making it hard. This isn't how a rejection works. But none of us want to pull away. Guilty pleasure.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to go this path,"

No

"I won't ask for your forgivenes, but I have a lover at home, who is carrying my pup,"

Don't

"I'll live with the guilt. I'll live with the sadness. But you know what will keep me alive? My family at home. I believe in mates. . . But I believe in love too. And I love Cecilia "

Stop

"We might not be mates, but I love her. And we don't even need some pull to feel that. I'm so sorry, Raven."

Frustration builds up inside me, "Sorry for what? For choosing someone else over your mate?"

He gave me a small smile which only made me worse. "No, but I'm sorry to be your mate, you deserve better. And I'm sorry for this too. . . I reject you, Raven Williams as my mate."

It's loud and clear. I didn't even bother to stop the tears that had already started to flood my eyes.

I rushed towards the door. I couldn't stay in the same room as him. It hurts too much.

It hurts to know that he's right. Eveything is just some bullshit mate pull that keeps us attracted to each other. What meant to be? What soul mates? Bunch of bullshits.

Why are you crying then?

Before I could open the door, it flew open, revealing my brother whose face quickly turned from a smile to a frown, "Raven, what's wrong?" Then his eyes looked past me. His face turned sour. I can feel his anger radiating. "Xavier, don't tell me she's your-" but Xavier cut him to it.

"She is." I didn't bother to turn around. I don't want to. I feel so crushed, I just want to die.

Life is mocking me, making sure I live a rough life.

My brother took a step forward, shaking as his eyes turn dark. Which is not good sign considering he's about to shift. Swallowing the lump in my throat I decided to take actions. Placing my hands on his chest, I gave him a push. If I can get him to outside the room and close the door he might calm down.

But he didn't even budge. Useless mountain of muscles he has isn't helping. Quite the opposite. Fucking bothersome, why does he have those now? Can't they disappear for a moment?

"Calm down, Laurence," I shouted, but my voice betrayed me.

"Calm down? How the fuck can I calm down? Raven you're his mate and he already got a fucking girl at home!" He punched my door, leaving a dent to it, "Why you? What did you ever do to deserve a shitty life like this?"

Very shitty if you asked me.

"Laurence, it's OK now. Calm down. Breath!" Why am I calming down my brother? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

"It's. Not. OK. I'm gonna beat the living shit out of him!" He started to walk forward Xavier who just fucking stand there. I grab my brother's arm.

"For fuck sake, stay put!" I shouted. I'm so mad right now, I bury the pain at the back of my head. I don't want to waste my time to nonsense like this. I run out of the room, heading downstairs when I bumped into Ann.

"Raven? What's wrong?" She started to panic dropping the basket she's holding.

I gave her a small smile, "Change of plan, Ann. I'm leaving now." I started to walk away from her but she stopped me.

"What do you mean?" She asked confused, "Raven, what happened?"

I look to the ground as my tears drop to the tiled floor, "I got rejected."

She gasp and put her hand over her mouth. She's speechless. I would be too.

"But you don't have to worry, I told Jessie about you. You know her, you will be fine. But as for me, I wouldn't last untill tomorrow." Then I walked away, leaving her glued to the ground.

I'm leaving this place and run, and run, and run.

Until I die full of regrets.

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》

Hi and hello

and another update. I haven't updated for a while (a while, yea right! moreee like 4eva) and I'm on a roll. . . . . .

. . . they see me rollin'
they hatin'

☆No regrets☆