Chapter 15

RAVEN

My eyes opened in a blur. I moved my head to the side, looking away at te bright light blaring at me. I could hear murmurs at my side. There was an evident pain on ny left side of the waist, but it didn't beat the migrane present at the back of my head.

'Raven? Raven, it's me, Ann.' I could hear the distant voice of Ann. My eyes was still adjusting to the light.

Once my sight adjusted, I looked to my other side with a groan. There stood Ann, worry etched in her face. That's when I remember the attack.

How stupid. It was just a minor injury.

But here I lay, with body so heavy, standing up felt impossible. My throat felt dry, and it got me wondering how long I was out. I tried to sit up, but Ann's hands stopped me from any movements. 'Your body is regenerating way too slow. Your wolf is absent. The pack doctor advised you to rest up until you quickly healed.'

I looked at her, letting out a cough or two to clear my throat. 'I feel like shit,' I told her.

'I can imagine,' she replied with a soft smile. She let go of my shoulders. 'I'll let the doctor know you're up.'

She left the room. I studied my surroundings. It looked like a normal room, but the beeping machine and the smell of medicine told me otherwise. I heard the door opened, and i just layed calmly, expecting Ann.

'You are one crazy woman.' I heard the deep voice of the Alpha say. It startled me, but my weak body prevented me from expressing my shock.

'Please, don't remind me of my stupidity, Alpha.' I managed to groaned out. My throat felt so dry, where the hell was the damn water?

Alpha Blake chuckled, 'stupid? I think it was heroic. My sister can't even hurt a fly. You think she could have defend herself?'

I stared at the ceiling, 'it could have gone better.' True. I panicked. I rushed and ended up hurting myseld. Atleast everyone was okay.

'You're no fighter, Raven. It still surprise me knowing you killed a wolf.'

I remembered the taste of blood in my mouth. It made me shivered thinking that killed someone. 'Don't feel guilty. They would have end up in the same fate if my warriors has gotten to them first. Or worse.'

More people entered the room, and this time, it was actually Ann with the doctor. Both bowed in respect to the Alpha in front of them. The pack doctor did some examination. Waving the flash light at my eyes and asking some questions.

The door once again opened. The whole pack might as well come to visit. I immidietly recognised the worried face of Hilly and the blonde hair of Brandon.

'Oh my God, Raven! Are you OK?' She run up to my other side. Everyone surrounded the bed I laid in as they looked down on me. For a moment, I thought it was my funeral.

'Yeah. Alive and well.' I tried to chuckle, but an awkward sound just came out of my mouth. 'All is good despite the fact that you all look at me like I came back from hell.'

'You were out for a week,' Alpha Brandon said.

'Your wound is still fresh. I advise you to stay in bed until you're healed,' the pack doctor added, looking at my wounded side.

Everyone then left to let me rest except for Ann and Hilly. They talked about what has been going on. Ann looked happy. The pack seemed to be welcoming her warmly.

'Thank you, Raven,' I heard Hilly say. 'I'm glad you're fine.'

I smiled at her, 'I would do it again.'

They stayed for quite a while, talking about their plans to go out and shop when I get discharged. It didn't take long for the pack doctor to personally kick them out so I can rest. I honestly preferred them with me. Being alone with my wolf absent in my mind was killing me.

With the lights off, I stared at the ceiling. Gone for a week. My thoughts started to wander to my brother. He must be worried sick, but he'll lead the pack better without a hindrance like me.

My heart then ached. The pain of rejection still stung my chest. My hands went to my cheeks, feeling the warm tears. I tried to stop them, but they just kept coming.

He loved someone else. The idea didn't disgust me, but the cruelty of fate. Why were you destined for someone else, someone to make you whole, when your heart was able to love anyone? In the end, it was just the pull that made us want one another. It was the pull that controlled us. My father, for example. The death of my mother changed him. He became a stranger, someone who craved violence.

Stupid pull. Stupid mates. If I was going to live, I might as well live with the pain gone from my heart.

'I accept your rejection, Xavier.'

It felt good like a heavy weight has been finally removed off my shoulders. I said the words multiple times, smiling at myself as I felt free.

×××

why did i decided to rewrite this book fml. i mean hi, lexi here
i changed the plot um .. a bit. anyway, smexies, hope you enjoyed this chapter. yeah. bye.