Chapter 10

Without a word, I point the gun at the side of my head. I closed my eyes tightly, hoping for something. Survival. Then, without hesitation, I pulled the trigger.

I heard a gasp from the Alpha, so I opened my eyes slowly. He looked so shock, as if he had seen someone rise from the dead. Then he shook his head, "You are one crazy chick!"

I forced my shaking body to be still and gave him a smirk, "Crazy enough," I replied.

I survived! But this is not yet over. The risk I had taken will be for nothing if my plan would not work.

"So. . ." I inhaled.

"So?"

We just stared at each other. I don't know where all of my confidence are coming from, but I've never dared to challenge an Alpha. Maybe I had gone crazy.

He sighed deeply, "Look, letting you in the pack is not that easy. You said you were just passing by and now you want to join my pack?" He got a point, but I have no choice.

"It's not like you will let us go easily. We just seek freedom. To be as far away from our past. We run cowardly, because we are too weak to even do anything. It's either let us in or let us go. We'd rather die than be sent back from our pack."

His eyes held many question. From the look of his face, he's confused. "And that pack is?"

"It's. . . I'd rather not say it."

He sighed and frown, "To let you in my pack, we need trust. That's something you can't gain easily. You'll have to give more information." He eyes me, "We won't be letting you go. If you don't cooperate, then I have no choice but to follow the law. Miss Raven, I'm considering letting you in my pack, but don't mistook my kindess for weakness. I'm an Alpha. I'm not just a powerful dog, I have a brain. Now make a choice, give in or get killed."

I look down to my lap. I don't want to look to his eyes when my walls are crumbling, afraid that he'll see everything. I never asked for any of this to happen, so why me? What had I done wrong?

"Tell me, Alpha, do you have a Luna?" I hesitantly look at him with a small smile.

He look at me questionly before shaking his head, "No, I had yet to find her. And you're asking this because?"

"My father abandoned me." His eyes widened in surprise but confusion is still there. Ofcourse, I'll be confused too when a stranger suddenly began ranting about her problems.

I fiddle with my shirt, fighting the tears that are urging to come out, "Well not really abandoned, but it feels like it. I'm someone he doesn't want to see. Maybe it's because I look like my dead mother. Losing a mate can really turn you crazy, don't it?" I laugh, but as my laughter died down, I realized that the tears I'd been holding back had began to spill. "He loved me, but now he hates me! It felt like I died along my mother. Instead of being there for his children, he cut his ties with me. Stupid! Why can't he just man up?" I wipe my tears away sniffing.

"That's really fuck up, but sympathy isn't gonna get you anywhere, you know that."

I nodded and smile, "I'm not done yet, but I'll get straight to the point: my name is Raven Williams, daughter of the Red Desert's Alpha. It's not a big pack but I'm pretty sure you've heard of it."

The Alpha took the news pretty well, but he's also surprise. His feelings aren't well guarded. I can easily see throuhg him. "Yes I have, but I never met Nikolas Williams in person. I heard that he runs the pack well."

I nodded. I'll admit that my father is a great leader. He was a great dad too.

"Please, don't send us back!" I beg, looking at him with pleading eyes.

His lips form into a thin line, "I don't know, I have to think about my pack too. I don't want to cause war, Raven. You are an Alpha's daughter."

"I'm not! Like I told you, he had long forsaken me. I am nothing to him. Just let us stay until my brother is the Alpha!"

He sighed but didn't say anything. Silence filled the room, and I've come to realization that I had failed. Even after spilling my personal life to him!

"Then just let us go," before he could say anything I slam my hand on the table, "I'll kneel and beg for it, just please let us go."

He frowns, "Are you really an Alpha's daughter? How could you set aside your pride so easily?"

I smirked at him, "I've mopped the floor with my pride, do you think I have something to be ashamed of? I've been broken many times despite being unfixable. I just want to have a normal life. I'm tired of people laughing at me! I'm tired of being weak. I'm so tired that all I could do is run away from my problems. Not even my brother can help me. Not even my mate. . ."

"I'll consider it." He suddenly spoke.

I look at him confused, "What?"

He sigh, "I'll think about letting you in the pack. But we must do a background check on you and your friend. We'll keep an eye on you two, so don't be complaining about harsh treatment."

I give him a small smile, "I guess that'll do, thank you."

He give his hand out, "I'm Blake Lee."

I shook his hand, whick is say bigger than mine.

"This is as far as I'll help you. Don't break the trust I have in you, Raven Williams."

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》

Ayya! I'm really sorry! I was really lazy and was not in the mood to write. I'm really sowwy >< I hope this boring chapter is good enough. :3 And sorry for writing short chapters. Believe me, when I started writing RMN you couldn't even see the paragraph. Yes, it's that horrible. But I hope you enjoyed!

~Lexi ♡