Chapter 14

RAVEN WILLIAMS

Brandon looked annoyed. I knew why.

I wouldn't shift. He was urging us to hurry, to shift, so that we could get to safety quickly. But I wouldn't shift, causing everyone to stay in their human form, running in a steady slow pace. I couldn't shift. I wouldn't shift. If I did, it would have caused more trouble for everyone. My wolf was itching to get out, to lash her anger and pain to something. To someone.

"Just shift, for fuck sake!" He huffed, running in front of us, not even making an attempt to glance at me.

"I can't. You guys go ahead, I'll just slow you down." I said as I slowly fell behind.

Ann slowed down to match her pace to mine, "I'll stay with you, Raven."

Brandon halt into a stop, Hilly almost bumping into him. "Are you guys joking? Leave the two rogues we recently caught while there's a rogue attack? Yeah, totally not suspicious. Now shift or run faster!" He shouted, running out of patience. Beside him was Hilly, looking almost nervous but she maintained her composure.

"No," I started, hugging myself as if the coldness I felt at the moment could warm me. "My wolf is dangerous right now. Take Ann and just run. I'll just follow your scents."

"And if they follow your slow ass?"

"Then I'll lure them away! As long as you're all far enough, I'm willing to shift. Survive or not, just make sure to take care of Ann."

Ann was about to protest when Brandon cut her to it. "Alright, for fuck sake! We'll just ru-" He stopped mid sentence, motioning us to be quiet. Everyone stood still, no sound coming form our mouths. Then I heard them.

Footsteps.

By what my poor hearings could get, there were only a few, three or four, that was all I could predict. But four was better than five, or more.

"Stay behind me," Brandon ordered.

OK, he was going to fight four wolves all by himself. He might be strong, but quantity can beat quality. And with his head already hot, he was bound to make irrational decision.

Four wolves surrounded us, and the two of them took no time to hesitate to pounce on Brandon. They were playing dirty, trying to put the weak in a vulnerable state.

I needed to think. Fast.

But my minded wasn't working right. I, too, was bound to make bad choices

So when I saw a wolf rushing to Hilly, my body started to move instinctively. I heard the familiar sounds of bones cracking. I only had one thing in my mind: get to Hilly. Fast.

I noticed the blur that passed me way too late as I felt a sharp pain engulfed my body. Sharp claws went through my skin and flesh. Two different screams could be heard as I bit into the neck of the brown wolf. I let go when he yelped and any motion from him halt into a stop.

I threw him to the side, ignoring the voice that was calling me. The grey wolf of Brandon rushed to the wolf that was standing in front of Ann's unconscious body. I quickly rushed to Ann, unconsciously shifting back to human for. My legs gave up as I kneeled beside Ann. She was just knocked unconscious. No signs of wounds.

I let out a shaky sigh before letting my body fell to the ground. I let the darkness I was fighting enguled me into a deep sleep.

LAURENCE WILLIAMS

Jessica pased back and forth in my office. Her mate caught her arm, halting her from her marching. "Calm down, Jessie." Andrew caress her hand. The gesture was effective. For a moment. Jessica then shoved the hand of her mate and got back to her chanting.