Chapter 16

FanFiction
Just In
Community
Forum
V
More

The Betrayed Champion by Itssupereffective
Games » Pokémon Rated: T, English, Adventure & Drama, Ash K./Satoshi, May/Haruka, Dawn/Hikari, Paul/Shinji, Words: 132k+, Favs: 941, Follows: 747, Published: Sep 10, 2011 Updated: Aug 23, 2014
  1,444 Chapter 16: Friend or Foe
Yes your eyes don't deceive you, I'm back and this is a new chapter. A lot has changed while I've been gone and I still need to review a TON of fics. I'm gonna really need some feedback on this chapter because it's been a month since I've written anything so tell me if I seem rusty and whatnot.

People who got at least one of the names correct: PichuAuraGuardian18, Speedy-Fox-IV and gregonator1.

Speaking of gregonator1 I'd like to take this to recommend his new fic, It's Never Too Late. The classic story of Ash following his heart but things don't go always go as you want. It's got advanceshipping, pearlshipping and contestshipping so check it out, he's really good.

Also check my profile to see a new Super Effective Rant and it involves the most overrated character of all time, Leaf. I'd like to thank Pichu and advanceshipping4ever for giving me the inspiration to write this rant.

Don't forget to guess the name of the fic for this chapter, I hid it really good this time and I'll give you a hint, the fic is an old one but also one of the best! And I'm always looking for new ideas to put into the story so don't hesitate to send one no matter how stupid you think it is.

One last thing (man I have some really long A/N) first, concerning the battle last chapter, when I wrote it my heart really wasn't in it but even if it was it probably still wouldn't have been that good. And to everyone who sent in an OC, I already kinda had someone in mind for the new character BUT since you took the time to send in your OC's then I'd hate to seem them go to waste so I will use your OC's in my fic, just in a different way.

I'd like to take this moment to say that SSJ04 Mewtwo has passed away. I remember that before I started writing this fic, I would see his fic Empathic Adventures whenever he updated. The thing that stuck out the most in my mind was the fact that he had so many reviews and basically all of them said how much they loved his fic and how awesome the fic was. Reading his reviews made me want that praise and approval for my own fic when I did write it. In a way my egotistical cravings to get that praise pushed me to write The Betrayed Champion. So now that I look back and think about that time I can't help but think that SSJ04 Mewtwo greatly influenced me, he gave me the drive to start my own fic, to get those reviews that I wanted, and to not give a half ass job and give it my all. It's tragic whenever an author passes away, but when it's someone who influenced me so much I can't help but feel depressed.

The trees swayed as a slight breeze ran through the forest, it gave off a nice and peaceful atmosphere and was felt by anyone who was in the vicinity. One person who felt it was a young man that was on a mission, determined to fulfill it.

The young man had a small spring to his step as he walked toward his objective. He embraced the peaceful atmosphere as he strolled through the forest, in no hurry whatsoever. "Why does it seem like every solo mission Alpha gets, he ends up getting himself into some sort of trouble?" The young man asked himself as he continued walking in the direction of where he saw Alpha fly off.

The young man wore a red and white sweater. Along with that, he had yellowish orange shorts and a hint of black where his pockets are supposed to be. He had his hat on backwards as he continued walking.

"I'm sure he went this way," the young man said as he continued walking towards the hotel that he assumed Alpha went to. The peacefulness of the taillow's chirping and the sound of zigzagoon rustling in the bushes of the woods ended as he looked at what could only be described as a walkway mosh pit.