Chapter 21

FanFiction
Just In
Community
Forum
V
More

The Betrayed Champion by Itssupereffective
Games » Pokémon Rated: T, English, Adventure & Drama, Ash K./Satoshi, May/Haruka, Dawn/Hikari, Paul/Shinji, Words: 132k+, Favs: 941, Follows: 747, Published: Sep 10, 2011 Updated: Aug 23, 2014
1,444 Chapter 21: Coma Theory
Hello everybody and welcome to chapter 21 of The Betrayed Champion. First off I'd really like to thank everyone who reviewed last chapter, I've almost caught up to my favorite fic, "The Champion is Never Forgotten," which was the fic that inspired me to write my own fanfic so check it out if you've never read it.

Here's he people who git it right last chapter: Trainer Jayden, Dzchan94, Ravagerblade, TheCartoonFanatic01, Creative Writer 2000, and ampplaca1.

Don't forget to name the fic within the fic this chapter, and also I'm always accepting new ideas for this fic so if you got one send them in.

And if you'd like to chat and hang out about pokemon in general there's an awesome forum run by a guy named Makaidos called, "For those bored pokemon fans". I highly recommend checking it out on the forums section on fanfiction and you might see me there every once and a while.

Disclaimer: I don't own pokemon, if I did, well I'd do something advanceshipping related, or maybe a harem, but then again harems are overrated in my opinion.

It had been six hours since Alpha had taken a head on blast from a hyper beam. He had been quickly rushed to the hospital after suffering injuries and some major head trauma in the process. He had arrived in an unconscious state, he was badly hurt with a few a little bit of blood coming out the back of his head.

May had been allowed to go into the ambulance with Alpha, although she only got in the way as all she could do at the moment was cry her eyes out, hoping for Alpha's safety. While in the ambulance that was on route to the hospital, the paramedic motioned to pull down Alpha's shirt to reveal his face but as he did, he felt a strong grip on his wrist.

"He...keeps his identity secret for a reason," May was able to say through the tears, "promise me that you'll make sure that the doctors keep his face a secret, it's the least I can do for him."

The paramedic slowly moved his hand away from Alpha and stared right at May, "I promise."

When they had reached the hospital, they took him immediately to the emergency room for the MRI machine was all set to go. May obviously wasn't allowed back there with the doctors so she had to settle with sitting slumped over in the waiting room, crying her eyes out as the memory of the hyper beam engulfing Alpha was replaying in her mind over and over again.

The atmosphere of the waiting room wasn't helping either, the wallpaper that had been put up was peeling off, leaving the bare plain wall naked. The chairs were old and uncomfortable, it was a challenge just to be able to sit on it more then ten minutes due to the hard wood that provided no comfort.

The worker at the front office casually tapped her pencil on the desk as she rested her head on her hand, waiting for the next person to show up. Everyone else there either doing the same thing as May or silently sat in their seat, waiting.

After a few hours, the doctor came out from the intensive care unit and talked to May about Alpha's condition. It turned out that he had slipped into a coma, but the doctor was quick to reassure May that it wasn't anything too serious and that he should be waking up within the week.

May, who felt happiness and sadness at the same time just softly nodded as her eyes had far surpassed Dawn's in the terms of redness. She asked if she could see him and the doctor, seeing no problem with that, he obliged and led her to Alpha's hospital room.