Chapter 35

FanFiction
Just In
Community
Forum
V
More

The Betrayed Champion by Itssupereffective
Games » Pokémon Rated: T, English, Adventure & Drama, Ash K./Satoshi, May/Haruka, Dawn/Hikari, Paul/Shinji, Words: 132k+, Favs: 941, Follows: 747, Published: Sep 10, 2011 Updated: Aug 23, 2014
1,444 Chapter 35: The Omega of the Alpha
So here we are, chapter 35, the last chapter of The Betrayed Champion. I'm gonna be honest, wasn't always sure that I'd ever be writing those words, there were times when I didn't think I would finish this fic and other times where I would just keep shelling out chapters for as long as they let me. But all good things must come to an end so here it is folks the last chapter, enjoy.

Important announcement at the end of this chapter regarding my new fic.

Disclaimer: Do people still do this, it's pretty stupid huh?

Oh and feel free to check out my tumblr, I made it on a whim and well I'm a bit lonely on there so check the link on my profile page :D

Ash wanted to keep reading the rest, he knew he had to, but those first two sentences alone had him in shock. "The...true story?" Ash thought to himself as he rook a gulp of air to steady himself. Shaking his head and not letting his mind run too wild he kept on reading.

'Reliving all of those memories and putting it on paper is harder than you can imagine, but you deserve to know the truth Ash, and it's why you'll get it all. I guess I should start from after I became the Champion of Kanto, I was on top of the world and I was untouchable, people even said I was a Pokemon Master. Any normal person would be happy about all of that right? Fulfilling your dream, becoming the best of the best, you saw how badly I wanted all of that. Yet once I had the whole world in my hand, I felt like it wasn't enough. Those titles of Champion and Master were just that to me, a title. What I really wanted, was to get better, even more stronger and powerful than I already was and this was more than just a goal of mine, it was an obsession. It ate at me day in and day out, kept me up at night, but the worst thing it made me do, was make a deal with the devil.'

Ash took a deep breath as he finished reading that paragraph, as a kid Red always seemed so upbeat and happy about it all, yet he realizes now that he couldn't see past the mask Red wore. That those dark circles under his eyes and sometimes irritable behavior was because of the fact that he wasn't satisfied with what he had, Ash had to keep reading.

'I was out training one morning, in a place where I only knew of, where I could have some time alone, I nearly jumped out of my skin when I heard her voice. It was cold and and hard, her silver hair matching her icy demeanor, I didn't know why she was there, but I would soon find out. She never gave me her real name, rather she went by the name, Hunter J. Nothing about her seemed right and I was just about ready to kick her out when she offered me a proposition. She said that she had been watching me for the past few weeks and saw fire and passion in me to become better and stronger, that it was admirable and that she could help me. I brushed her off at first, not taking her seriously, but the more I thought about it, the more it crept into my head and corrupted it. Power the likes of which no one had ever seen, all I had to do, was trust her. I couldn't pass that up, I'd never get any sleep if I did, so I took her up on that offer, but she wanted me to do something for her first. By this time she had me hook line and sinker and she knew that she could get me to do almost anything in exchange for the promise of more power, so when she told me that all I had to do was catch a Pokemon called Celebi that I had never heard of, I took it in a heartbeat.'

"Hunter J..." Ash knew personally how she was never up to any good and with her involved he knew she had something to do with all of this. He had never come against anyone as ruthless and vile as her, he continued reading.