Chapter 20

FanFiction
Just In
Community
Forum
V
More

The Betrayed Champion by Itssupereffective
Games » Pokémon Rated: T, English, Adventure & Drama, Ash K./Satoshi, May/Haruka, Dawn/Hikari, Paul/Shinji, Words: 132k+, Favs: 941, Follows: 747, Published: Sep 10, 2011 Updated: Aug 23, 2014
1,444 Chapter 20: Tragedy on the battlefield
Welcome everybody to chapter 20 of The Betrayed Champion. First of I'd like to thank everyone who has reviewed, I never thought my fic would get so popular and have so many reviews but I guess I've been proved wrong. 500 reviews is an amount I never thought my fic would reach but thanks to you guys, the readers it's happened so from the bottom of my heart I would like to thank all of you. But a special thank you to the people who have been with my fic since the beginning and have continuously stayed around and reviewed like Speedy-Fox-IV and PhantoMNiGHT321. They are both very nice people and I thank you for all things that you've done.

People who got the name of the fic right last chapter: Aurareader, TheCartoonFanatic01, Speedy-Fox-IV, and ampplaca1.

Don't forget to name the fic within the fic this chapter, and also I'm always accepting new ideas for this fic so if you got one send them in.

And something I haven't done in a while, Disclaimer: I do not own pokemon if I did I would have finished the whole GS Ball saga instead of handing it to Kurt and never hearing about it ever again.

Seeing as how I haven't updated in a while and some people might have forgotten what had happened last chapter, here's a small recap: Dawn found out that Alpha was Ash and they talked. After some talking Alpha forgave her (I should have done it in a better way but what's done is done) and they are now somewhat friends. Dawn went back to her room where Dawn and May decided to go to Alpha's battle and went to sleep. As Dawn went to sleep she remembered that Paul had lied to her back in the forest when he was attacking trainers and that will be a plot point in the upcoming future. Oh and you guys will decide if Dawn will have feelings for Alpha in the fic by voting on the poll on my profile page.

May's eyelids slowly fluttered open as she woke up from her deep sleep. Under the blankets she felt like she was on a soft cloud that could keep her warm and comfortable forever.

She turned her head to side to change her view from the ceiling to the sleeping duo known as Dawn and Misty. From the looks of things it seemed like they were both still asleep, their limbs sprawled across the bed as they slept.

May was about to take a page from their book and fall back asleep but stopped when she remembered the event that she and Dawn had planned to go to.

"Alpha's battle," May whispered to herself as she sat up on her bed, throwing the blankets off of her. Without a clock in the room, May hadn't the slightest clue as to what time it was and the fact that the room was in complete darkness due to the curtains covering the windows wasn't helping.

She slowly got out of her bed and tiptoed to the window to get a vague sense as to what time it was. From the window she could see people walking up and down the pathway while vendors were beginning to set up their booths to sell their merchandise.

By the look of things, May was able to conclude that it was early in the morning so she didn't have to worry about missing Alpha's battle.

'That's a relief, but now I have to wake up Dawn and rush over there if we're gonna get a good seat,' May thought as she reached the side of Dawn's bed.

May softly tapped Dawn's shoulder a few to times to rouse her up. After a few times, she woke from her slumber and stared right at May.

"Hey May," Dawn groggily said as she stretched her arms, yawning in the process. Dawn waited for a good morning from May but was instead given a moment of silence and a horrified look from May.