I love you, but we're done.

BPOV

I was sitting on the couch in between Paul and Quil when Jake and Embry came in. Jake still looked furious and Embry looked sad and hopeful. I felt a pull towards Embry that I tried to ignore. However it was like magnets. Jake came over and grabbed my hand. He pulled me off the couch and started leading me upstairs. I've never been upstairs and the walls were a tad bit narrow and the hallway was paint a light lemon. there was lighter polka dots on the wall. Jake led me to a bedroom without a word.

The bedroom was a magenta color and there was a king size bed and a huge dresser. He pulled over to the bed and sat down. He pulled me down into his lap and I cuddled into him. He gently pushed me away and I stared at him with confused and hurt eyes. He said, "Embry imprinted on you." In a sad voice.

I said quietly, "I know. I still love you though."

He laughed quietly and said, "Bella, honey, I love you too. But I'm not allowed to have "hots" for another pack member's imprint. I would love to stay with you and keep you safe in my arms, but you belong with EMbry."

His words slowly processed through my head. No! Jacob can't leave me! He's my sun and my life.

I murmured, "Are you breaking up with me?"

He sighed, "Bella, I would honestly love to stay and be with you but I can't. Just know I will always love you and we'll always be best friends?"

He held out his pinky. I held out mine and we crossed ours together. With that, I left him there and I went downstairs. I looked at Embry and said, "Well thanks for that. As if I hadn't had to deal with all of this other crap besides this. So thanks."

I stormed out of the house and ran to Jake's house to pick up my truck, tears streaming down my face.

EPOV:

I heard Bella coming down the hallway and I looked up. I saw her at the beginnig of the stairs. I looked hopefully at her and she looked at me and said, ""Well thanks for that. As if I hadn't had to deal with all of this other crap besides this. So thanks."

My heart shattered as she threw me a disgusted glare and stormed out of the house. All the guys were staring at me in silence and then they burst int0 laughter. I started shaking and felt the tremors rolling through me as I stormed out of the house. I saw red in my vision and I looked down the road towards Bella. She was jogging to Jake's house. I immeaditly calmed down and stopped shaking/ I sprinted towards her and called out, "Bella!"

She turned and said, "What? with tears streaming down her face.

It broke my heart to see her like that. I walked over to her and pulled her in to a hug. She didn't immeaditly push me away and my wolf self purred. She then pushed me away and i sighed unhappily.

I said, "Bella, it wasn't my choice to imprint. I didn't wanna break you and Jake. Even now Jake told me he doesn't see you as a lover. I do. Bella, I may not know you well, but I love you. And I would like to be friends. I can't talk now but I will talk later tonight. I'll be at your house at eleven."

I swooped down and kissed her cheek and hugged her. I ran back to Sam's and called over my shoulder, "Leave your window open!"

She was blushing scarlet as I ran away.

BPOV:

I stood there stunned as I watched his retreating back. I burst into tears and started running to Jake's house. Is there something wrong with me? WHy do people break my heart?? I can't believe it. I miss Embry however. I feel a pull towards him. I want to be with him. I finnally made it to my truck. I saw Billy looking through the window with a sad and confused expression. I waved feebly and to him and the curtain closed. I sighed. I started up the truck and the loud roaring made me jump. Victoria was still afffter me and now I have noone to protect me since Jake ended it with me.

I pushed my truck to the limit to get home. All I saw was green. earthy green and a color of dark grey with spots. I slowly turned and saw a huge wolf looking at me. He had dark grey and lighter spots onhis back. He was pretty. I got out of my truck and I walked over to him. I said, "Hi. I'm Bella but you probably already know that." He nodded. "Well, which one are you?"

He took off running and he went behind a tree. A few minutes later, Embry walked out of behind the tree and smiled. Somehow, I felt my self smile back.

"Would you like an escort home?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Yes."I smiled